Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant thoughts after finishing with a guy I was seeing  (Read 211 times)

Offline amberstar33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant thoughts after finishing with a guy I was seeing
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:26:43 PM »
Hi

I recently ended things with a guy I was seeing for about 4 months. He didn't want a relationship and was seeing other people. He was honest from the start that he didn't want anything serious. I was feeling in a good place when we met and thought I would just give it a go. As time went on, it didn't really work for me as I didn't know where I stood and was starting to feel like I wasn't good enough to be a girlfriend. I had the feeling that he was seeing other people and I ended up reading his messages. I regret doing that as I have those messages stuck in my head! I made the decision to finish seeing him as I didn't think that anything good was going to come of it. It is about three weeks since I ended it but I am constantly replying things in my head, everything seems to trigger a memory. I feel like it is never going to get better......

I have also recently started a new job and had some family problems. There is so much going on and my head is just full to bursting.

Has anyone else struggled with constant thoughts/memories after finishing seeing someone/had a crush? I just dont have anyone I can talk to about it and I feel overwhelmed and pathetic!!!! I got myself into a situation and ended it so why can't I just forget it? I have been strong, deleted his number and him from my *****. I used to use whats app to speak to him so I have got rid of that from my phone too.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant thoughts after finishing with a guy I was seeing
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:25:41 AM »
Confusing part here is that you tell us to begin with that he was honest about not wanting a relationship and he was honest about seeing other people. Then you later say you suspected he was seeing other people. We already knew he was seeing other people. He told you that from the off. As for his messages. That can always be a mistake if you can't handle such things. But just let him go. He belongs in the past now. If he was not one who wanted a relationship he was not one worth having around. It was always going to end in hurt. You have to try and work past this. Not point living in the past. The longer you do that, the harder it will be to move forward. I have no doubt you are a nice person. I have no doubt you will meet another person when you are ready to do so. Learn to love yourself first. Once you can do that you will have no trouble with relationships.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline CA_Worrywart

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant thoughts after finishing with a guy I was seeing
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
Been there, done that, I completely understand you. I was in the exact same situation and it was hard to accept that he was seeing other people. I remained true to him, in hopes he would finally see my sincerity and choose to see me exclusively. Bad mistake. At least you only let it continue for 4 months....I let it continue for 2 years. I was really head over heels for this guy. But, now that I'm over it and have since found my Mr. Right (who I now proudly call my husband), I'm so happy things turned out the way that they did. I know you're hurting now, but I promise it will get better. Go ahead and allow yourself time to grieve and have closure, nothing wrong with that. But just remember that you're better than he is and your time will come. Best of luck to you, hun. ☀️❤️
Bookmark and Share

Tags: