Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello...my story  (Read 94 times)

Offline amberstar33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello...my story
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:16:03 PM »
Hi. This is my first time posting here. I just need to share what's going on with me.

I recently started a new job, after about 2 years of job hunting. About a month before I was due to start, I started to feel really anxious. At the time, it was the anniversary of my gran dying. I was seeing a guy who didn't want to be my boyfriend and who I suspected was seeing other girls too. I was also about to go away to London for three days, being away from home has been a trigger for my anxiety in the past. About 7 years ago, I suffered a period where I was housebound for a number of weeks. I have got much better than then and able to travel ok. So back to now...
I managed the trip to London. It wasn't all smooth sailing but it was ok. I came back and I just didn't want to get out of bed. I am usually a busy person, always doing different things. That side of me just seems to have disappeared.

I started my new job and I was feeling really spaced out and just crying all the time. I made the decision to finish it was the guy I was seeing as I suspected that was adding to how I was feeling. So, that was over three weeks ago now and constant memories of him are running through my head. I just dont know how to make them stop. I have been strong and not being in touch with him, I know that nothing good can come from getting in touch.
As for my new job, I just feel like I am going to fail. I am filled with constant fear of feeling like I am going to drop to the floor and not be able to get back up. I feel spaced out all the time. My appetite is not what it normally is and I feel sick a lot of time. I am so emotional and can barely make it through the day without crying. I dont really like being on my own. But, then I struggle to be around people in my job. I find it hard to concentrate on what people are saying and I feel really dizzy. I guess I am scared that I am going to lose control. I know that I am not going to but it doesn't stop this for being truly horrible.

I just think I wanted to share how I am feeling. I know that I am the only one who can make it better but it is such a lonely place to be in. I wish I could control my thoughts!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello...my story
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:24 AM »
it sounds like you are depressed with something, you could try and post this question in another category of this forum where they get more views (whatever category you think it suits)

Hi amberstar33,  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome to AnxietyZone forums, here you will find plenty of people who will understand you and have problems that you have or similar. To get started create a post in one of the categories, if you need any help just PM one of the helpful staff and they will help you, there are chat rooms that you can join but you must be 18 or over and to be able to have access to them you must create 3 meaningful posts first.

- SuperApple  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello...my story
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 03:17:35 AM »

I managed the trip to London. It wasn't all smooth sailing but it was ok. I came back and I just didn't want to get out of bed. I am usually a busy person, always doing different things. That side of me just seems to have disappeared.

I started my new job and I was feeling really spaced out and just crying all the time. I made the decision to finish it was the guy I was seeing as I suspected that was adding to how I was feeling. So, that was over three weeks ago now and constant memories of him are running through my head. I just dont know how to make them stop. I have been strong and not being in touch with him, I know that nothing good can come from getting in touch.

As for my new job, I just feel like I am going to fail. I am filled with constant fear of feeling like I am going to drop to the floor and not be able to get back up. I feel spaced out all the time. My appetite is not what it normally is and I feel sick a lot of time. I am so emotional and can barely make it through the day without crying. I dont really like being on my own. But, then I struggle to be around people in my job. I find it hard to concentrate on what people are saying and I feel really dizzy. I guess I am scared that I am going to lose control. I know that I am not going to but it doesn't stop this for being truly horrible.

I just think I wanted to share how I am feeling. I know that I am the only one who can make it better but it is such a lonely place to be in. I wish I could control my thoughts!!!!!!

Many Anxiety related problems can be extremely exacerbated by a the betrayal and breakup  of a loved one, I MYSELF REMEMBER THIS SICKENING  FEELING   :dazed:

I would highly recommend that you see a doctor or better yet a Psychiatrist - ASAP.  It has been 3 weeks, and it has not abated, it sounds like this may be triggering a high anxiety attack with OCD thoughts (....this happened to me when I was younger (1979, when I found out my girlfriend was not being faithful to me and I was crushed and - my anxiety went through the roof, and my OCD was non-stop.)

A doctor can at least diagnose you, and prescribe a small amount of BDZ to help stabilize you during this "Crisis Period", so you can at least get some rest and do well at your new job while you can establish a good mental health strategy to eliminate these thoughts and stress and possible depression from your life.

In my case - I already had anxiety and minor OCD - but again, during times of crises - such as breakup and infidelity of a loved one - I had to go see a doctor to get the proper medication and care, so I could do my job.  Within a week, I was back in control, in about a month I was back to normal self.

Don't let this Anxiety Disorder that was sparked by this emotional crises keep you down and take away your power.  Take action, and get some help ASAP - and put a stop to this anguish and pain.

The goal here - is to STABILIZE YOUR ANXIETY - MENTAL HEALTH SITUATION - ASAP. Make a doctor's appointment as soon as possible and get some help!  :yes:

Please let us know, how it goes for you... :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: