Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood after BM (Sorry for TMI)  (Read 190 times)

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood after BM (Sorry for TMI)
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
Yesterday I had a BM and didn't notice any pain or anything. There was a little more strain, but nothing out of this world, like I wasn't gritting my teeth trying to push it out. Just a little strain. Well, I happened to look down and noticed streaks of blood on my stool. When I wiped there was a pretty good amount of blood on the tissue. I've had hemorrhoids before, and they hurt like hell. This only burned a little bit after I used the bathroom, and then it went away.

I've had bleeding down there before, and without even going to the doctor I assumed they were anal fissures or hemorrhoids. They eventually went away. It feels different this time, though. There was hardly any pain aside from the slight burning. I left a message for my doctor but he wasn't able to get back to me.

Just an hour ago I had another BM. Same thing. About the same amount of blood. Only this time there was no pain or burning WHATSOEVER. It felt just like a normal BM except for the blood. There was a lighter amount of blood, and it was bright red, but it was still enough to make me worry.

I know that bright red blood means it is closer to the rectum and all signs point to anal fissure or hemorrhoids, but the one thing that has me worried is the absence of pain. Fissures and hemorrhoids, from what I remember, hurt me so bad it hurt to walk. I just left another message for my doctor.

I have to go to Texas for a month to work, and I'm already freaking out over this because I work in the very dangerous industrial construction field and I really don't want to get sick while on the road.

Am I just blowing things out of proportion here?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood after BM (Sorry for TMI)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »
I usually have bad pain with fissures, but none at all with hemorrhoids.  I think most hemorrhoids are unless they thrombose/develop a blood clot in them.  I know things being different is scary, but I don't think this is particularly worrisome.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »
From what I have researched (a lot!), internal hemorrhoids don't necessarily hurt, unless they get thrombosed and bulge out, like mollyfin said.  In fact, sometimes the only way you know you have them is when they get irritated and bleed. You may just be one of the lucky ones that has both external and internal, many people do.
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
Am I just blowing things out of proportion here?

Yeah, pretty much. fissures or hemorrhoids are pretty common and nothing to be concerned about. As they say "Poo Happens" ;)

Positive thoughts and poo threads!
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »
I had blood streaks on my stools. I had a colonoscopy and had 1 polyp and internal hems! My was most often painless and streaked in hard stools. The fact you have blood on the TP really indicates interns,blend but investigation and confirmation from a doctor is the best thing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaxeUK

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Your right, bright red blood is normally piles. Especially if you get it when your wiping, I used to get this often and a lot.
GROSS ALERT - I found when I never got pain it was due to the stool being very moist and it kinda eased it so it maybe that you went when the problem was created (dry stools) then later if your stool wasn't so tough that the pain wasn't so apparent and maybe it healed up slightly but not totally.

I really wouldn't worry - if it persists longer than a few weeks then get it checked but for now try not to. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »
Thanks for all the reassurance! I did go to an urgent care center today at the request of my mom and the doctor did an external rectal exam and said she didn't see any trauma. She said if it persists for longer than a few days then to go see my primary physician.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 08:07:22 PM »
I have had two scopes. The first removed a polyp which got rid of the bleeding. My second scope in february showed i had internal hems. I have gotten bleeding since then especially after diarrhea and i am sure it is from the hems. I would want a thorough investigation. My sister is going through the same thing right now and is going for her scope soon.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: