Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 107 times)

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
I need some help
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:11:33 AM »
Well I am back again, I was testing if AZ causes some additional HA, but it doesn't. Now comes why I am back. I started school on August 18th or 19th I can't remember. Since then my anxiety is probably a 8 of 10 for the entire time i am in school, but as soon as I leave at 1 it drops to a 5. I cannot focus at all, I text my parents all day. I'm struggling to keep up becuase I am on the verge of tears all day long. I don't wanna ever goto school. I have a cousnlening appt today at 4

I am typing this on my phone in class right now
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline HNDFL

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: I need some help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 03:53:33 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »
I'm sorry you're going through this  :(

I really think he counselling is going to immensely help you. You really do need therapy/counselling to talk through what you've been going through, it will make a huge difference in your life.
I know how sometimes being at school or other places just heightens your anxiety and you don't feel well and just can't pay attention at all but it's important to remember that being at home and being at school are no different - nothing is going to happen to you at school that doesn't happen to you at home. Try to focus as hard as you can on work and maybe try to forget about the anxiety for a bit. The less you focus on it the less power you give it.
What about school in particular makes you so anxious? I always try to find roots in my anxiety and then work backwards from there to try and figure out steps I can take to improve the situation.
Always here if you need help!

Britt
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline HNDFL

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
Thanks Britt,

My school has added a lot of new security such as cameras and such. Do you think that could have some part in me feeling so trapped in school?

Zachary
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »
Thanks Britt,

My school has added a lot of new security such as cameras and such. Do you think that could have some part in me feeling so trapped in school?

Zachary

I'm not sure Zach, adding extra security could definitely contribute it. I know my last year of high school my school did the same thing, and it did feel like a huge invasion of privacy even though it was done for everyones general safety. I think you need to think about what it is that makes you feel so trapped and anxious at school and once you figure it out then you can work at ways at relieving those fears. For me, when I'm in a class at university I know some of the things that trigger my anxiety are being in a room full of hundreds of strangers (so to get over it, I find one friend (or make one friend in the class) and focus either only on them or on my work, which helps me to forgot that I'm sitting in such a large room.
Another thing that triggers my anxiety and school is the possibility that something could happen to me without being in the comfort of my own home - to try and cope with this one I try telling myself that no matter I am it isn't going to change what's going to ultimately happen to me, so I calm myself down by breathing exercises and the fact that I know I'll be okay despite not being at home!
Try to find out the source of your school anxiety and fear, and we can work through this!

Britt
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline HNDFL

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »
Thanks so much,

I discussed it with my therapist, she seems to think it is a combo of the additional security and some separation anxiety from my parents. When she said that I was very perplexed. I am only away for like 6 hours, she said that is very common. I also found out today that my therapist is also a school therapist. I just need to learn how to focus and eliminate my fears, easier said then done.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything