Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I don't understand how this is anxiety I really dont  (Read 481 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
I don't understand how this is anxiety I really dont
« on: September 03, 2014, 05:40:51 AM »
Guys this is driving me to insanity....

I wake up every morning feeling nauseous and in panic or really nervous ... There is nothing to be nervous about!

Since March first for like 4 months I had an off balance feeling saw doctors and they said it was anxiety.... Neuro and ents

I started cymbalta July 22nd.... 3 weeks into it I felt great for about 2 weeks and for the last week or so I have been feeling horrific my doctor upper my dose from 40 to 60 and I feel just as awful for 5 days now....

Ever since being dizzy spell in march and feeling off balance I have had a wierd feeling in my eyes .... It's very hard to explain .. It's like there always feeling dreamy or daZed off and I feel unreal to the point that it makes me anxious constantly and I'm always focusing on it and it never goes away

I'm going to work now .... (Walking steel 30 feet up in the air) so I can do that, I'm not dizzy in that means ... It's just hard to explain but I'm nervous
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I don't understand how this is anxiety I really dont
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:33 AM »
I'm exactly the same as you valley player.
My eyes feel strange as well as feeling off balance, I'm not falling over and I can hop on one foot Eric. But when I walk Iand even when I sit down I feel so bizzare. Almost lightheaded constantly.
The doctor told me it's anxiety too but I can't see a way forward
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »
Your anxiety is sub conscious that is why you can wake up immediately feeling anxious and with a racing heart beat. If you go to bed feeling anxious you will probably wake up feeling it to. You can even have a panic attack while you are sound asleep!

The eye thing is something most people with anxiety report. I think it is from the increased blood flow your body pumps to your eyes causing your pupils to expand so you can see better in a life threatening emergency. Part of the bodys natural response to anxiety.

If you can walk 30 feet in the air without issue I am sure your balance is fine.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Coreen15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »
I too have everything you described and more.
Been feeling off balance for 2 years now and have had so many tests done. Doctor says it's stress and anxiety but I understand how you feel. How can anxiety make us feel like this? I always think our mind is so powerful and some things just can't be explained
Bookmark and Share

Offline Justsmilealready

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:10 AM »
Omg. Your eye/dizzy thing is what has started all my issues! I woke up one day with hearing loss so every symptom after I assumed was related. I've been dizzy with a feeling behind my left eye for months! It's like I'm wearing someone else's glasses sometimes of like my eye is tired! Good to know someone else feels that way!
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 08:23:19 AM »
It's awful. My feeling is almost all day of unreality like I'm looking through a fish bowl but a nervous one. I have a date tonight and just know I'll feel awful. I have to try and get through it feeling awful. Xanax only helps a little. I'm not anxious and all day I feel this way. Sometimes my eyes will feel like they go cross eyes or blurry but they don't. I am afraid of a brain tumor for all 7 months of this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »
Valleyplayer, I can respond to your always feeling nervous. For 3 years when I woke up I would have an extreme nervous feeling in my chest- it almost made me feel sick. I told my doctors and who ever would listen to me that I felt this sensation was physical, not psychological. Well as it turns out it wasn't physical. As soon as I stopped worrying about physical symptoms I was experiencing at the time the nervous feeling went away.

Try to concentrate on other things, and if you have been told by doctor's that you are OK. BELIEVE them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
Trust me, it's anxiety.  Even when I'm not focusing on something, I still have anxiety.  It can be at a subconscious level.  Mine doesn't let me sleep.  It sucks.  I often get dizzy and off balance. I've been to the doctor several times over it.  I even get these weird "out of body" sensations.  Like I feel like I'm totally drugged up or something.  Anxiety is awful.  It can do many things to us other than the obvious attacks. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
So all day everyday I can feel this horrific?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »
valley,

you've been posting on az for almost 9 yrs.  You have almost 2000 posts.  if you were to look back on these posts, you would note that you are always symptomatic with many of the same things you've been talking about here in the last few months.  You would note that you are continually anxious and feeling at your wits end or like you are being "driven to insanity".   I do think you could learn a great deal about what is really going on in your life by just reading all of your posts over the years.  It would show you that anxiety IS running your life.  IDK if that would be enough of a wake up to you that you really need to deal with your anxiety or not, but, hey,  I am just throwing that out there.  Because, yeah, you have an anxiety disorder that just isn't being managed well or at all. 

From my perspective:  You just seem to be not only shooting yourself in the foot over and over but also pouring salt into the wound.  You can't even begin healing until you stop doing these things to yourself.

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »
Hello everyone!... :action-smiley-065:

I'm sure you have all heard the old adage, "If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a noise?"  Well no, it doesn't.  When a tree falls, it sets-up a vibratory pattern  Without the ear of a human or another animal to pick-up the vibration, it doesn't make a noise.  Even with the ear, it still doesn't make a noise if a brain isn't there to interpret the vibration.

So when you stub your toe, the reason you know that you did is because your brain/mind will interpret that you did.

Now, to get to anxiety, and cutting out the middle man...  Most often, our mind will determine a sensation from our body, be it pain, itching, what-have-you.  But the mind doesn't need the body's sensations to create the feeling.  It can create all sensations all by itself, without anything going on with the body.  This is why anxiety can produce literally every sensation in the book, because it is coming from our brain/mind and not the body.

Also, it seems to me that dizziness, lightheadedness, is perhaps the #1 symptom of anxiety.  I do know that dizziness, lightheadedness is the #1 complaint of people entering emergency rooms.

The mind is indeed a powerful force!...

The best to you all!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 01:20:45 PM »
I wake up nauseous and feel that way all day, everyday. It's been getting better as I've attempted to "let go" of my anxiety. I have good days and bad days, but I'm def better than I once was.
It takes a lot of work.  Sometimes I get upset because I'm not growing by leaps and bounds, because I don't "feel" as anxious, but it's a process. I should be grateful that I'm feeling better at all.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Coreen15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »
Mobile chuck that really makes sense. I never looked at it like that and always wonder why we feel te way we do. It's true because since I focused on my vision issues it seems that I am always look for it but if I don't pay attention to it I don't notice it all that much. Very interesting but at the same time it's so hard to let go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ProBMG

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
Guys this is driving me to insanity....

I wake up every morning feeling nauseous and in panic or really nervous ... There is nothing to be nervous about!

Since March first for like 4 months I had an off balance feeling saw doctors and they said it was anxiety.... Neuro and ents

I started cymbalta July 22nd.... 3 weeks into it I felt great for about 2 weeks and for the last week or so I have been feeling horrific my doctor upper my dose from 40 to 60 and I feel just as awful for 5 days now....

Ever since being dizzy spell in march and feeling off balance I have had a wierd feeling in my eyes .... It's very hard to explain .. It's like there always feeling dreamy or daZed off and I feel unreal to the point that it makes me anxious constantly and I'm always focusing on it and it never goes away

I'm going to work now .... (Walking steel 30 feet up in the air) so I can do that, I'm not dizzy in that means ... It's just hard to explain but I'm nervous

Same here, you're not alone... I too have this, its exactly what I told my doctor, in fact they gave me a neurological exam too, passed it perfectly...  I also have been very forgetful due to stressing and thinking about one thing all the time, haveing a brain tumour... I can't remember what I did last weekend for example, but it was all anxiety, I passed the N. Exam flawlessly. You should ask your doctor for one if he hasn't given you one, they really give you a platform to not fall into a all out pit of panic. I'm not over my fear, and neither do I understand how it is anxiety but it is. Knowing your not alone may help you though! ;)
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
Thanks everyone dam a lot of replies I appreciate it .... I know this is only a bandaid the reassurance but at times if high anxiety it helps to hear from others
Bookmark and Share

Tags: