Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sudden loss of breath and racing heart? (No chest pain)  (Read 222 times)

Offline Windblown1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sudden loss of breath and racing heart? (No chest pain)
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:44:53 PM »
First of all, I'm certain it isn't a heart attack, as it's been 30 mins and I've had no pain and I'm not dead.   ::)

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this. No sense of dread or overwhelming adrenaline (though there was some). All of a sudden felt like I was punched in the gut and had the breath knocked out of me and my heart started beating ridiculously fast. I had some throat tightness and shortness of breath, but those quickly subsided and 30 mins later, my HR is about 120.

I didn't take anything, but I'm curious if this could be an anxiety attack that wasn't as bad because I took a half (but not full) dose of xanax two hours ago?

Just wondering if others had it before and making sure it isn't anything too serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden loss of breath and racing heart? (No chest pain)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »
This happens to me occasionally. My heart will start racing and I will feel faint and have to sit down. My panic attacks come out of no where especially in places that are stressful to me like at work.
Bookmark and Share