Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I hate this so so much!  (Read 103 times)

Offline BriR

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I hate this so so much!
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:25:53 PM »
I lost so much weight thanks to my stomach problems! Now Im scared its something bad and not just anxiety and gastritis,  I feel like throwing up when Im finished eating and i cant eat a lot or else I'll feel full and i'll feel like throwing up even more. I get stomach aches too, a lot recently. And I just cant stop thinking about the endless diseases that could possibly be causing my stomach problems.  I went to the ER about a week ago and they did blood tests and an x ray. Apparently they were all normal.  I still have to give a poop sample (sigh) so they can test me for h pylori.

But somehow last night I started getting these crazy ideas about having parasites in my tummy. Its probably highly unlikely, I decided to google although most of the symptoms for some of them didn't apply to me (except for nausea and stomach aches, and getting full fast) :(

I got scared because apparently the eggs are found in raw meat and now I'm paranoid.  :traurig001:

Its dumb to fixate on this but still :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I hate this so so much!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
School was hell for me because I felt sick the whole time there!!! I just want my stomach to feel better. Im so scared I dont even want to go back tomorrow :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 6
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »
Hey Bri,

I think I've mentioned something about my history of stomach problems on one of your previous posts, but I'll pretty much sum it up here again because I truly do understand exactly what you're going though.

I lost almost 25 pounds, I was the skinniest I've ever been in my life - I was so weak due to the fact that I was so skinny and everyone (including a handful of doctors was extremely worried). I was nauseous 24/7 and could barely stomach half a meal a day, intact there were many days I would go without consuming food at all. Sometimes even the thought/smell/sight of food made me want to throw up. I was experiencing horrible abdominal pains that would come and go whenever they felt. I started having a lot of bowel issues and there would be weeks where I was completely constipated and then weeks where I pretty much had diarrhoea (I'm sorry for the too much information). My stool always looked weird and abnormal and was constantly changing colour, texture and size.
I also would cry constantly Bri and was convinced I had horrible parasites in my stomach that were going to take over my entire body. I was convinced that I had picked up a parasite while I had been on vacation a few months back (even though the vacation was in December and my symptoms started around March). I thought of every worse case possible scenario. I had so many stool samples done because I read that if you have parasites then sometimes they don't always show in your stool and it make take a couple tests (so I had like four) and different kinds too. I was so convinced something so sinisterly wrong with me, I was a total mess.

My doctor ended up being pretty concerned too because I just kept losing weight, getting sicker everyday and the stomach problems persisted. I got scheduled a colonoscopy/endoscopy with checks EVERYTHING down there and takes biopsy samples to make sure nothing is living in your stomach or intestines etc. On top of that, I had multiple abdominal, colon etc ultrasounds completed to make sure again that nothing was missed. It took a couple months to get the results back but it turns out that I had nothing more than a touch of IBS and overall just a pretty irritable stomach that can be aggravated quite easily. I started seeing a Nathropathic doctor who got me on some really good nutrient shakes that helped me to build back my strength and bodies nutrients (because at that point I literally couldn't stomach any food - I literally just drank these shakes and water). I drank the shakes multiple times  a day for a bout three weeks and slowly worked my way back into real food. I still have some stomach issues but nothing as severe as I once did. I've had a lot of help in getting better and I'm still not there it. It's a huge process but step by step you can overcome it I promise.

Pretty much between my mom, my doctor and myself we figured out that this is how we think my cycle started:

University (First year, very stressful, bad eating habits to begin with) - Started to eat less and less all the time - 2nd Semester of University (My HA kicked into full force - I was having panic attacks on a daily basis) - the constant anxiety and stress just wrecked havoc on my stomach with started the nausea and not wanting to eat. Because I never felt hungry or I felt too sick to eat, I simply just didn't eat - which resulted in my body starting to lose an incredible amount of weight - as your body is losing weight and not gaining absolutely any good nutrients you're going to feel even worse and worse and it's just going to make you feel horrible (it's a horrible cycle).

I sympathize so deeply with what you're going through Bri, because when I experienced this it was truly one of the worst/hardests times on my entire life - I ended up at the ER/at the doctors atleast fifty times. I know it's so hard but it can be reversed and I know you can do it. I'm always around if you need to talk about anything or just vent (you can always personal message me) and if you have any more specific questions feel free to ask - I understand exactly what you're going through and I'm so sorry.

I can promise you one thing though - You are going to be okay, as hard as it is to believe, you will totally one hundred perfect fine. Remember that you're strong.

Brittany
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »
I'm going through exactly what you went through!
Ive lost at least 10 pounds, it made my doctor so concerned  as well to the point  where she would ask us to schedule an appointment with her every other 2 days each time we visited her. I can stomach some food but I'll just feel like vomiting it afterwards. Its so so horrible. Especially since I have emetophobia its basically hell, and Im having stomach aches a lot more now, bowel issues as well. So being me I'm thinking the worst. I have no idea why I started thinking I have parasites. But now im fixating on that. 

I would ask for an endoscopy but knowing my primary doctor she is just going to say youre okay you dont need it go home. She's very hestitant to send me off to get real tests done like those it sucks. I did have an x ray done at the ER but I doubt that could exactly point out if something is wrong or not. Or if i have some sort of parasite in there.  My dad is considering letting me do online school for at least this semester till I gain back my weight and find out whats wrong :( because right now I'm just not ready to sit down through 7 classes feeling sick to my stomach.

Thanks for replying and I'm sorry you had to go through this as well. Its the worst.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: