Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of a blood clot?  (Read 195 times)

Offline quietghosts

• Rec's: 0
  • 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
Scared of a blood clot?
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »
Recently I've been experiencing pain in my left shoulder, this pain isn't insane but it aches and feels sore, my arm feels weak and a bit lighter sometimes, well not so much the arm, as my hand.. (not sure if from too many video games?) I assumed I had just slept wrong on my body, but it's the second day and my anxiety is slowly driving me insane again. I keep thinking of things it could be... blood clot, lung cancer, brain tumor. And I'm getting more and more terrified. I have to convince myself constantly I'm probably over-thinking and shouldn't go to the hospital. My neck has been feeling sore as well, and my body has been extra poppy (joint wise), my leg on my left side is hurting sometimes randomly also, also making me think I slept wrong. Then I woke up in a panic attack of sweat, and googled my symptoms, most of which fit with a blood clot, since a 19 year old girl having lung cancer or a brain tumor seems fairly rare. I am slightly overweight, I no longer smoke besides cannabis, which I am trying to stop still.

I went to the hospital around the 1st of the month of August several times, 3-4, about appendicitis, they took blood work and did a CT scan of my abdomen. Does blood work show blood clots? They didn't mention them and said I was healthy, they saw nothing wrong with me but my ovarian cyst and a UTI (I thought the cyst was appendicitis, even convinced myself they mis-diagnosed me).

I've now gone to the hospital several times for two things, rabies and appendicitis. Do you think I should go this time? I can't go to my GP for a week or two until my insurance card comes in the mail. Help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline quietghosts

• 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of a blood clot?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:30:15 PM »
Someone please respond or inbox me so I can go to bed T_T

I hate HA sometimes, wtf man.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »
Get some rest. You've been given the all clear several times over. Unless you want to stay up half the night and empty your wallet, I'd advise you not to go to the ER. The chances of someone 19yo suffering from a fatal blood clot (or any for that matter)  are beyond astronomical.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 06:23:23 AM »
Recently I've been experiencing pain in my left shoulder, this pain isn't insane but it aches and feels sore, my arm feels weak and a bit lighter sometimes, well not so much the arm, as my hand.. (not sure if from too many video games?) I assumed I had just slept wrong on my body, but it's the second day and my anxiety is slowly driving me insane again. I keep thinking of things it could be... blood clot, lung cancer, brain tumor. And I'm getting more and more terrified. I have to convince myself constantly I'm probably over-thinking and shouldn't go to the hospital. My neck has been feeling sore as well, and my body has been extra poppy (joint wise), my leg on my left side is hurting sometimes randomly also, also making me think I slept wrong. Then I woke up in a panic attack of sweat, and googled my symptoms, most of which fit with a blood clot, since a 19 year old girl having lung cancer or a brain tumor seems fairly rare. I am slightly overweight, I no longer smoke besides cannabis, which I am trying to stop still.

I went to the hospital around the 1st of the month of August several times, 3-4, about appendicitis, they took blood work and did a CT scan of my abdomen. Does blood work show blood clots? They didn't mention them and said I was healthy, they saw nothing wrong with me but my ovarian cyst and a UTI (I thought the cyst was appendicitis, even convinced myself they mis-diagnosed me).

I've now gone to the hospital several times for two things, rabies and appendicitis. Do you think I should go this time? I can't go to my GP for a week or two until my insurance card comes in the mail. Help?

Just curious what exactly did you google?

Left Shoulder There are no major arteries that go "into" the shoulder, it as mainly bone and muscle. The major artery of your arm travels closer to your armpit, down behind your bicep along the bone and it splits at the elbow joint. So no blood clot here. Its Anatomically impossible.

Neck Yes there are some major arteries here, Im sure you know where they are. But I highly doubt that is where you are feeling the pain. Neck pain can be caused by so many things, awkward sleeping, anxiety, too much time in the same position,  bad breathing habits, theres literally hundreds. A Blood clot is really not likely.

Left Leg You seem focused on your left side for some reason. Again where is the pain in your left leg? Blood clot pain is not a random pain. If it hurts because of a blood clot it hurts because blood flow has been restricted. The blood flow will continue to be restricted the more the clot grows resulting in the pain getting stronger to the point of agony.

Quick story for you, I went to the ER with worrys of a blood clot. I had extreme pain in my left calf. Basically what the Triage Nurse said to me on arrival was "There is no swelling so it cant be that bad". I then sat in the ER for nearly 10 hours before a Doctor saw me. Pain is not the only symptom of blood clots, there are others such as swelling, your leg feeling incredibly hot and your limb turning a blueish colour. You absolutely do not have a blood clot. To ease your worries about blood clots try go for a walk for 15 to 30 minutes every 2 hours of sitting stationary.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline quietghosts

• 顔のない
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 04:18:40 AM »
I was focusing on the left side because of the tingling pain and aching only on that side. I thought it was a brain tumor, a blood clot, every extreme. It's still feeling weaker hand wise but I think that's just because of my overuse of my hand in video games, my leg I usually sit with it under me when I play too. And I could have slept wrong. I'm going to the GP for my UTI in a day or two so I'll ask if I should be concerned and get examed. I don't think doctors are keen on lying about those issues. My anxiety of course still has me freaking out about everything.

Thank you for your response, it helped me even though I read it late.
Bookmark and Share