Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumour or anxiety  (Read 115 times)

Offline Coreen15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumour or anxiety
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »
For the past year and a half I have been worrying that I have a brain tumour or Ms.
It started out with a major panic attack December 2012 and a week after that I started to feel sick.
I have seen my doctor numerous times, had blood tests, been to the optometrist 3 times and opthamologists my times. Had a vision field test, OTC test and everything is normal and no concerns.
I have floaters, static in vision at night time sometimes, I see odd black spots that appear for a second. They are not floaters cause floaters move, dizziness or woozy feeling. I sometimes get tingling in my hands and arm when sleeping. My hair has gradually been falling out. I'm just a big mess. I just had my 2nd baby as well 8 weeks ago.
Bookmark and Share

Online superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumour or anxiety
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:02:18 AM »
Hi Coreen15,  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome to AnxietyZone forums, here you will find plenty of people who will understand you and have problems that you have or similar. To get started create a post in one of the categories, if you need any help just PM one of the helpful staff and they will help you, there are chat rooms that you can join but you must be 18 or over and to be able to have access to them you must create 3 meaningful posts first.

- SuperApple  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline crickles80

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:57:47 AM »
Hello Coreen,

I am sorry that you are going through this and especially after just having a baby! I went through the same thing after having my third child and I was a mess for a while there. My fears, too, centered on brain tumors and MS. (I still worry about MS) I had all the symptoms you did, plus problems with my ears ringing really loudly, pressure on the right side of my head, headaches, ect... Plus all kinds of just strange feelings in my head. I was 100% sure I had a brain tumor and was shocked when my CT Scan came back clear.
   Have you seen a doctor about the way you're feeling? They diagnosed me with Postpartum anxiety and put me on meds and I got to feeling better after that point. If you're more into trying a natural route, there are herbal supplements that you can take for anxiety as well. My sister-in-law took St. John's Wort for her PPA and swears by the stuff! I am currently taking that now for my recent bout of anxiety - again, health anxiety and again, MS fears - and it has taken the edge off of my anxiety. I don't think it's working as well as the Zoloft did, but it's getting me through this anxious time fairly well.
   If you need anyone to chat with, feel free to PM on here! Hang in there and don't give up! The chances that you have a brain tumor are next to nothing and especially since you've already been checked out by your doctor!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Coreen15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:48:31 AM »
Thank you for your kind words. Yah in going go mention it to my dr again today that I'm suffering from this fear again. It went away for a bit but I still get these weird vision issues that just never seem to go away. It's one vision issue then moves in to another vision issue. It's what really freaks me out the most as vision disturbances are a symptom of a brain tumour. Even though the opthamologist didn't see any pressure behind my eye or anything out of the ordinary it still makes me think he missed something and that maybe the tumour is slow growing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: