Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So exhausted from worrying  (Read 109 times)

Offline Justsmilealready

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So exhausted from worrying
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:49:21 AM »
I'm tired. I just want to be a normal 28 year old and not think about my health! I want to enjoy my kids and not think every day is my last with them. I want to pick partners because I like them not because I need emotional support or I'm afraid to die alone. I'm tired of convincing myself I'm dying with every twitch. Ugh. I was really hoping the cymbalta would work!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MysteryCat

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So exhausted from worrying
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
I am so sorry you're feeling like that. My biggest point of panic when it comes to my HA is my fear of leaving my son behind. That is the thing that constantly consumes me. I wish I had advice, but I do want you to know you aren't alone. I hope you find a solution ASAP.
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Offline kittygrrll

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »
I 100% understand where you are coming from.  I've often wished that there was a magic pill I could take that would make my health anxiety disappear. 

I take Zoloft and it helps, but doesn't cure my anxiety.  I would like to be able to live without fear.  I also worry about leaving my children.  And I worry about passing this HA along to them. 

I don't have any words of wisdom, just lots of warm thoughts.  You are not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »
I am sorry you are having a hard time.

I do understand the desire of wanting a pill to make the anxiety disorder go away.  Many people would like that.   meds can be a help for many with mental illnesses like anxiety BUT unlike organic illnesses--like bacterial infection--- swallowing a pill will NOT be a cure.  Mostly what an SSRI does is slow the whacked out repetitive/obsessive thinking enough so that the rational  thinking can get a thought in edgewise.  Benzoes--well, those aren't cures either.  they are sort of like  what a resuce inhaler does for asthma  :winking0008: .     Unfortunately anxiety disorders need to be tackled in a different way---which is getting down to what got you in this predicament in the first place.  It also involves abandoning reactive habits and adopting PROactive habits long term.   You may be wondering what I am talking about.  I have written soooo many posts about this ----what I think helps people to get better---- that now I have posted links on my profile on that instead of saying the same thing all over again.   :happy0151:

again I am sorry you are so worn out.  Anxiety definitely does that to people.

I wish you the best   :action-smiley-065:   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: Worry