Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling "stuck"  (Read 140 times)

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling "stuck"
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
Lately I've been watching a lot of Vlogs (On YouTube) about people traveling, ect. I'm sitting here after watching one almost wishing I wasn't me. I look at these people and they seem so carefree, and happy. I know EVERYONE has their own issues, no one is perfect. I'm really passionate about traveling and always have been. But with my anxiety with how bad it is right now, it just seems impossible. Even walking around a city seems impossible. It's the worst feeling in the world feeling like you're someone else than who you are meant to be, if that makes sense. Anxiety is definitely winning right now and I just can't seem to win this battle.

Any one else feel this way?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling "stuck"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »
Hey. I feel somewhat similarly. My boyfriend and I are supposed to go abroad in a year for a year or more. I'm terrified sometimes, excited other times, and really worried at other times. I would honestly say to try to get yourself out of your comfort zone a little bit at a time. Walk outside in the city for 5 minutes. When you feel you can handle that, increase it. When you feel you can handle that, try going somewhere with people, like a coffee shop. It's hard, but it will improve with time and motivation. Good luck. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »
Thank you, Jessica :)
I will definitely try that. For me, it's more my physical side effects from the anxiety that weigh me down. But I know I need to at least try. Good luck living abroad! That sounds awesome.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:21:36 PM »
Have you tried a fast-acting medication for anxiety attacks, like Xanax? It could help in those sorts of situations. And thanks! :)
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:52:37 AM »
Also klonopin is fast acting.  And you can take as needed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »
My Dr prescribed me Ativan but I haven't taken it yet… I guess I'm nervous to? I definitely would if I was feeling completely awful though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 02:48:05 PM »
Hey SRD.  I can totally relate,   whether it's people I know or co-workers or whoever I feel like everyone can just travel and go wherever they want with such ease and for me the idea of going on a trip is dreadful.   All I do is worry.   Actually, it was the fact that instead of looking forward to vacations like most people, I was down right DREADING them that made me seek out treatment for anxiety.   This past summer I was supposed to go to NYC for a few days and I was dreading it.  Everything in my wanted to cancel but I didn't, and once I was there I had a great time, I kept Ativan with me in case I needed it, but that entire trip I didn't end up needing to.    So I'm not AS worried about a couple of out of state weddings I have this fall but I did notice my anxiety is starting up again when I think about them.   I used to be able to travel places with no problem.  Now I can't even imagine getting on an airplane.    But I wanted to say that I worried about taking the ativan too at first.   There's nothing to be nervous about though, at least thats what I found.  I don't know what I was expecting to happen with the ativan but I really felt like it just made me a little less edgy.    I like Jessica's idea of gradually trying to get out of your comfort zone.   Feeling defeated or 'different than everyone else' because of anxiety is the worst.  When I start feeling that way I just come on here and am reminded that I'm not alone, and that this is something I can overcome.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 10:15:00 PM »
jj, I can totally relate to you. I had a similar experience in May with going to San Francisco. I was so nervous I would have anxiety and headaches and blah blah but ended up feeing completely fine and having a great time. I definitely notice that when I'm really distracted, I don't notice most of my anxiety. But of course it's always there. I just don't ever feel like I can have a "normal" life that I long for.
Thanks for letting me know about Ativan. It always help so much hearing about other peoples experiences/opinions.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: