Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.  (Read 82 times)

Offline MysteryCat

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »
My anxiety has been constant and over the top for a few weeks. I can hardly eat, and I'm afraid to go to sleep at night. Last night my husband was at the grocery store and I was sitting on the couch waiting for him to get home and start a movie.  All the sudden I just flopped over on the couch and was in sort of a pre-sleep dream. I woke up quickly but it was terrifying. It hasn't happened ever before. Could that just be exhaustion?
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
Your body is going to try its best to make sure you get the amount of sleep you need. When I get very very sleepy I get anxious and start shivering. I feel like it's my body's way of telling me "Hey get under some warm covers and sleep!" As soon as I hit the bed I am pretty much out like a light.

I think you'll be okay!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »
For sure it could be lack of sleep and food. When my anxiety is really bad, I eat a lot of granola bars or any other meal replacement bar that tastes good. It really helps me keep up my nutrient intake. For water, I drink calming teas and I put water in a glass water bottle. Also, to help sleep, I drink the tea 4 hours before bed. If I drink it right before bed, I am super sleepy the next day. I hope you can get some rest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
Fatigue will do that to you. There's only so much your body can take before sleep overcomes you. It's really as simple as that.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Tags: