Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.  (Read 181 times)

Offline MysteryCat

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:49 PM »
My anxiety has been constant and over the top for a few weeks. I can hardly eat, and I'm afraid to go to sleep at night. Last night my husband was at the grocery store and I was sitting on the couch waiting for him to get home and start a movie.  All the sudden I just flopped over on the couch and was in sort of a pre-sleep dream. I woke up quickly but it was terrifying. It hasn't happened ever before. Could that just be exhaustion?
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
Your body is going to try its best to make sure you get the amount of sleep you need. When I get very very sleepy I get anxious and start shivering. I feel like it's my body's way of telling me "Hey get under some warm covers and sleep!" As soon as I hit the bed I am pretty much out like a light.

I think you'll be okay!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fell asleep uncontrollably. Scary.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:28 PM »
For sure it could be lack of sleep and food. When my anxiety is really bad, I eat a lot of granola bars or any other meal replacement bar that tastes good. It really helps me keep up my nutrient intake. For water, I drink calming teas and I put water in a glass water bottle. Also, to help sleep, I drink the tea 4 hours before bed. If I drink it right before bed, I am super sleepy the next day. I hope you can get some rest.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: