Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Will marijauna (in CBD Vapor form) slow withdrawal?  (Read 121 times)

Offline sethman

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Identified with my Mind; working on Awakening
    • Poke This Member
Will marijauna (in CBD Vapor form) slow withdrawal?
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »
Well, I just had the worst night of my life Aug 30.

I stopped Klonopin about 3 months ago, after 14 years of intermittent use, and I have had frequent, strong daytime & nighttime anxiety since. Last night just as I hit the sack around 10PM, a horrible anxiety attack commenced, with pounding psychic pain in my head accompanied by intense acheyness all over my body. I felt like I was crawling out of my skin, and lay there feeling that way for over 5 hours. It finally dialed down on its own, enough to fall off to sleep at around 4AM, but I could barely function next day from lack of sleep

For past nighttime anxiety attacks, I have swigged about a half-ounce of Brandy, and most times it's helped me pass off to sleep within an hour. But I read that alcohol affects the same GABA receptors as benzos, so using it might slow down my withdrawal process. I don't want to introduce anything that would prolong my brain & nervous system from resetting back to it's "normal" state prior to taking Klonopin. So I forced my self to not drink brandy and tough it out last night. Horrible!

My wife has a CBD vapor pen - it's a slim pen filled with marijuana oil, just the non-psychoactive CBD part, which heats the oil into vapor so you can sniff in a few vapor puffs. I wondered if anyone here has experience with that, whether it has worked for calming, and more important, whether it would also affect the GABA receptors like alcohol, and thus possibly prolong withdrawal symptoms?
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing out of order in the Universe...except maybe me :-)

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Will marijauna (in CBD Vapor form) slow withdrawal?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:30:14 PM »
I stopped Klonopin about 3 months ago, after 14 years of intermittent use, and I have had frequent, strong daytime & nighttime anxiety since.

How are you treating your anxiety disorder now you've stopped using Klonopin?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline sethman

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Identified with my Mind; working on Awakening
    • Poke This Member
Re: Will marijauna (in CBD Vapor form) slow withdrawal?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Hi Ian, it's sethman (from our other robust public/PM conversation  :action-smiley-065:.) We've got to keep on meeting like this  :laugh3:.

I am not treating my anxiety disorder with any replacement drugs or supplements, only with daily meditation & breathwork, and lots of just bearing it. Except for that occasional swig of brandy, mentioned in my opening post. I use that only at bedtime to help fall asleep, when I have a particularly bad nighttime anxiety attack.

But I'm using nothing for my significant daytime anxiety except "grin & bear it," meditation, and of course, lots of distracting myself away from focusing on it with my work and socializing.

I'm doing this because, as we discussed in that other thread, I believe some or all of what I'm experiencing is w/d symptoms from 14 years of intermittent Klonopin use. I'm testing that theory by trying to stay off of all BZDs or other CNS "calmatives," for enough months to make any trace of w/d symptoms a moot point.

If I still feel significant anxiety after, say 12 or 18 months, I'm going to assume it's not w/d, just lifelong waxing & waning of the anxiety disorder...and I'll probably resume Klonopin.

On the other hand, if I start to feel better and better without K until the anxiety never returns, it's going to be a pretty strong verification that the anxiety I was experiencing was being caused by the Klonopin, not abetted by it, and by my body/brain's response to it being absent.

I know that you & I have differed on this "protracted w/d syndrome" issue...and there's a part of me that hopes you're right and I (and other BZD withdrawers with prolonged symptoms,) are wrong. Because my anxiety is very aggravating and I would just love to resume Klonopin (regularly this time, not intermittently,) and get some relief. But enough people have said, "Just wait, just wait...hold on, eventually you'll feel better than you ever did before or during Klonopin use," that I'm hoping to stay free for at least a year and find out if they're right.

BUt I'm having a tough time with it, especially at night...hence the question about CDB vapor.

Bookmark and Share
There is nothing out of order in the Universe...except maybe me :-)

Tags: