Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: can anyone feel nodes in their groin?  (Read 106 times)

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
can anyone feel nodes in their groin?
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:36:39 AM »
Can anyone else feel a lymph node in their groin?  I feel one on one side and not the other and that freaks me out.  I don't feel it lying down.  I do feel it standing up.  Found it on accident.  When I was getting a shower, my skin was sore below it & I realized I had sore red bumps from shaving & irritation.  So I felt it (cause it was sore & that is what I do) & it was fine.  But then I continued to feel around (which is stupid, I know) & this is what i found.  And now I can't stop self checking.  Does anyone have anything like this?  Or know if it is normal?  Thank you.
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline kcg13

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone feel nodes in their groin?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:52:12 AM »
I shoud have added, and forgot, that July was my yearly physical.  She didn't feel for nodes there (pcp - no ob/gym) but I did have the routine bloodwork done which all came back awesomely.  I am thinking something would have shown up????
Bookmark and Share
Our thoughts dictate our emotions .... in other words, how you think is what you will feel.

Offline snunn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »
I have 2 lymph nodes in my groin area too that I can palpate. I've had them for years but sometimes they still freak me out. Yours sounds like you could have gotten them from shaving if there is irritation near them. I wouldn't worry about those in particular but I know that's not saying much from a fellow HA sufferer! It most likely sounds like it is enlarged due to irritation though!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kcg13

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:10 PM »
Thank you for your response, snunn.  I am glad to know that you have them too (though I am sure you aren't!). My logic tells me it is probably related to the irritation or maybe that is just the way it is, as it isn't hard, but just cause I have that logic, it doesn't stop me from repetitively checking it.  I just wanted to know that I am not the only one.  Thank you again.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: