Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Leukemia/Anemia?  (Read 90 times)

Offline snunn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Leukemia/Anemia?
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:01:04 AM »
Hey everyone,

I rarely ever post on here but I feel that I cant talk to my friends/family anymore about this or I will drive them crazy( or shall i say crazier than I already have). Recently i went to the ER after feeling very nauseous late one night and then all of a sudden my nose was bleeding. Now mind you, I have never had an actual full blown nose bleed so i freaked out. I also felt like i was having pain, whether muscle or kidney pain, still not sure in my back area and left abdominal pain. They didnt really do much except take some blood tests and platelet level tests. They ended up just sending me home with nothing but a shrug and told me to follow up with a primary doc if its still bothering me. Well when i got home, i decided to look at the discharge papers and they listed my blood results. As i was going through them, i freaked out because about 4 or 5 were out of range. I couldnt believe they didnt tell me.  THese were my blood results.

Here are some of the results:
WBC: 4.62 (4-11)
RBC: 3.72 (4.2-5.4)
Hemoglobin:11.5 (12-16)
Hemocrit:34.9(36-48)
Platelet:166 ( 130-400)
MCV:93.9
MCH:31
MCHC:33
RDW:10.7 ( 11.5-14.5)
MPV:11.8 (6-10)
ABS Neutr:2.8
ABS Lymph:1.26
ABS Mono:0.39
ABS Eos:0.04
ABS Baso:0.06
Neutr:62
Lymph:27.4
Mono: 8.4
Eos: 0.9
Baso: 1.4%

Now the ones that concern me because they were out of range are RBC, Hemoglobin, Hemocrit, RDW and MPV.

Since I get so much blood work frequently, i am worried because these just changed within the past month. My fear ultimately is cancer. I know that anemia is most likely the cause but since I have experienced chronic nausea this past year, muscle pain, swollen lymph nodes, itchiness, and a few days ago, a nosebleed, i fear the worst. I did so much research online and now I am just convinced its leukemia. I have also been feeling pain on my left hip bone. I have a vague memory of hitting it so not sure whether its from this or not. I am so scared its leukemia that is rapidly growing.

What do you guys think?

Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Leukemia/Anemia?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
Normal ranges are averages taken from millions of people. As one who has had more blood taken than a vampire's victim, I can tell you with all assurance there's nothing out of the ordinary going on. To have a reading that's a point or two out of range is not alarming nor of any concern whatsoever.

When I was going through cancer treatment, my bloods were whacked totally! I'm still here ;) Again, nothing to be concerned about.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.