Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart/Lung worries  (Read 109 times)

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart/Lung worries
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »
I've posted about this a few weeks ago with no responses. ANY feedback, advice, anything would help tremendously. For about 2 weeks now I've had this "feeling" like I can't get a good breath in. It almost feels as though someone is pressing a finger to my throat, but I also have chest tightness. I don't necessarily feel out of breath, it doesn't feel like I just ran a marathon is what I'm trying to say. It just feels like I can never get a really good breath in. It's all day for the most part. Naturally, I think I have some sort of heart condition or lung cancer. I don't have a cough, and I don't have pain when I breathe in or out. I am trying so hard not to over think it but it's all I can think about. I've had anxiety for awhile now, and I've had sop many different physical symptoms spread all over my body. I'm most likely going to make an appt with my Dr. It would just help so much if I knew I wasn't the only one feeling this…
Bookmark and Share

Offline {BIGGEN}

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • It is what it is!!!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart/Lung worries
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:51:18 PM »
Hello SRD0288...I've felt this exact same thing and it is a common symptom of Anxiety. I would make an appointment with your doc and let them know how you are feeling and what you are feeling to ease your mind a bit. I've struggled with Anxiety for over 10yrs. and for the last 2 yrs. I've felt better than I have in a long time and that was due to the fact that I went to my doc and he got me on the right meds to help with the chemical imbalance in my brain.
Bookmark and Share
Welcome To The Party Pal!!!!

Offline Paul77

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »
I had something very similar. I don't get the feeling in the throat but I do get the sensation that I cannot catch a deep breath.  Feels like I need to yawn but just can't, like I need oxygen but no other symptoms. Feels like my chest won't expand enough. It's very annoying, i try to take deep breaths all day long and probably only catch it a few times.

I had this for 2 months straight, my doc said I was fine. I figured out why this was happening,  for me anyway. My anxiety caused me to breath shallow through my chest. I was trying to fill my chest with air. This type of breathing is bad. I learnt to breath through my belly, to push the diaphragm down. Breath in, tummy goes up, breath out, tummy goes down. It took me some time to get used to it but haven't had the feeling since I started breathing through my belly, except when I get anxious and realize my breathing sucks.

Get it checked out to be on the safe side but it might just be how your breathing.
Bookmark and Share
Don't think you can,  know you can...

Offline SRD0288

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:10:38 AM »
Thank you both so much for your responses. I had a full blood panel done about 2 months ago and everything was completely normal but being someone with severe HA, my mind still races. My Dr prescribed me Lexapro and also gave me Ativan when needed. My Mom has suffered from Anxiety most of her life and she also said what I am experiencing is anxiety, it just feels so "real" that sometimes it's so hard to accept that it's anxiety. I will definitely go to my Dr just to ease my mind and run a few tests if he thinks I need them.

Thanks again
Bookmark and Share

Tags: