Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ALS Fear taking over! Crying myself to sleep!! :(  (Read 244 times)

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ALS Fear taking over! Crying myself to sleep!! :(
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »
Ok so a little background first: I'm a 24 year old female who is relatively healthy most of the time and no family history of any MND. My current fear started about 4 days ago when I felt a strange perceived weakness in my leg with an unknown cause. Of course I was dumb and went straight to dr google and ALS popped up! My anxiety went through the roof!!! I fell asleep hoping it would go away but it didn't. Since then I have not been able to eat and have been in a panic!! Yesterday I felt a weird feeling in my toe as well and of course sent me right back into a panic!! Today my pinky finger feels the same way and still freaking out bawling my eyes out for hours can't calm down. :( help!!! I haven't eaten in 4 days!!
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ALS Fear taking over! Crying myself to sleep!! :(
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »
Sorry I posted this 2x it was saying it didn't post oops!
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
what you are talking about--- 'perceived weakness" (which means not really weak but feels weak), things feeling "weird", and toe and pinky feeling "weird" are NOT ALS--at all or ever.

not having eaten in FOUR days is terrible on a body.  it is no wonder you are not thinking clearly and thus, feeling things that are weird and making you panic.

Don't google.  Don't google.  Don't GOOGLE.   Unless you want your anxious mind to read stuff on there that you will completely misinterpret and that puts you in a panic WHICH will cause you to go into fight/flight mode which leads to not being able to eat and having oddball body sensations.   

You don't have als or any other MND.  You have a serious issue with thinking.  It is called anxiety disorder.  This causes all kinds symptoms.  It causes irrational thinking.  It causes people to jump to  :spineyes: conclusions.

click on my username.  it will take you to my profile.  I have 4 links.  the third is a list of common anxiety symptoms.  the other 3 are my take on how anxious over thinking leads to all kinds of mayhem.  if you opt to to read any or all of those posts, read the responses as well.  there are quite a few interesting conversations between members

good luck and be well
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Paul77

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 10:40:30 PM »
I'm fighting the same fear and am having a lot of trouble as well. I think sixpack put it perfectly.

We need to stay positive, get your mind working in the other direction. Instead of thinking your weak or have weird sensations, image yourself skiing the Alps, running a marathon, or lifting a ton of weights over your head.

Think strong and be strong
Bookmark and Share
Don't think you can,  know you can...

Tags: ALS fear help