Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New, and needing reassurance.  (Read 85 times)

Offline MysteryCat

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New, and needing reassurance.
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »
Hi everyone,  I'm so glad that I found this forum, just reading through some threads has already helped me a lot. It helps to know that I'm not the only one going through this. Anyway, a little about me: I have dealt with anxiety my whole life,  but the past two monthd or so the HA has been awful. I constantly worry about various symptoms and feelings that I have. The past little while I have had concerns of breast and thyroid cancers,  heart failure, ALS,  MS, and brain tumors. I had two normal breast exams, a CT that was clean and mt TSH levels were normal in June. I'm seeing a neurologist next week, as well as an ent. Can someone tell me I'm fine,  and just have anxiety?  Symptoms are as follows: muscle fatigue and tingling, no appetite, limbs go to sleep very easily,  constant left side head and neck pressure and intermittent head pain. I'm a semi-fit 22 year old. Any reassurance would be fantastic. It's been a rough morning already.
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New, and needing reassurance.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:43:14 PM »
At your age, most of the health problems you list are shockingly rare.  The muscle fatigue, tingling and numbness are likely anxiety related - sometimes during panic attacks I totally lose feelings in my arms and chest.  It scared the crap outta me the first time it happened.  Headaches are super common with anxiety - since it's one-sided I would bet you had a tense neck that spasmed and now that muscle is causing neck and head pain.  And loss of appetite is pretty normal when you're worrying all the time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline MysteryCat

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New, and needing reassurance.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:49:31 PM »
Thanks for the response,  I'm sure you're probably right. It's just so hard to convince myself. I think the biggest concern right now is that my arms/hands and legs and feet are constantly falling asleep. I wake up almost every morning with a numb hand, tingling fingers or even just a numb toe. That's really the biggest symptom that I can't just attribute to anxiety. Of course I'll talb to the neurologist about it next Wednesday.
Bookmark and Share
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Tags: