Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: should I worry or go back?  (Read 113 times)

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
should I worry or go back?
« on: August 30, 2014, 12:57:28 PM »
Had a long month of worrying about lymph nodes. Found out what I was worry about were my salivary glands.
Then when I found this out, I prodded my neck and discovered two nodes. one that can only be felt in certain positions (pea sizes, sore movable, soft) and a really tiny one on the other side of my neck just a little further down that moves a bunch and is sore if I press on it. It isn't rock hard but isn't soft either.
All my docs (about, 5) said they are fine and will go away on their own. Some said 5 weeks, some said 4. I also had about 6 cbcs in the meantime, all perfect.
The last doc said he wasn't worried at all and said he doesn't think its lymphoma (only after I asked) and told me to calm down. But told me to come back in two weeks if they don't go down to do more tests for an infection.
Is this worrisome? Should I go back? Each doc had a diff time frame about how long it takes for them to go down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lmcc87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: should I worry or go back?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 01:30:34 PM »
No don't be worried, I'm going through the same issues as you just different illnesses. It sounds to me your doctor told you to come back maybe to keep your mind at ease. If (highly unlikely) it was an infection that would be nothing to worry about either.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »
Yeah that's true. I mean they always try to run diagnostic blood tests in case for many things...no one mentioned lymphoma to me until I brought it up and then they just said they don't think its that.
Are you going to go back for your appointment?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »
What's most worrisome is that you're still worrying despite all the medical evidence to the contrary :(

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline lmcc87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
I'm going back to my doctor to get help with this. It's taking over everything. I know how you feel, I thought I had cervical cancer a few weeks back but I was completely fine. If you're worried then the doctor has an obligation to run tests etc. You don't have lymphoma trust me. Plus it's been known that hypochondriacs like us tend to rarely get sick due to our constant doctor visits, tests etc. Have you looked into getting help with the health anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: