Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wellbutrin  (Read 208 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Wellbutrin
« on: August 29, 2014, 05:45:43 PM »
I have been on 50mg of sertraline for a week now. My dr wants to add wellbutrin 150mg. Sared of the side effects and interactions. Has anybody taken this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 06:19:04 PM »
I have been on 50mg of sertraline for a week now. My dr wants to add wellbutrin 150mg.

WHY??!! Why would anyone add a second med only a week after the dose of the first one reaches a therapeutic level and so has had no chance of working? I think you should get a second opinion asap.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:41 PM »
I think because i still am depressed and have suicidal thoughts sometimes he said it would take away the negative thoughts. But its too expensive and he said if it was to let him know. I obviously wont act on the thoughts but i just want to feel better mentally. I have been doing somewhat better at times. I think i should give it more time. Is it unusual to experience neg thoughts? Do they usually pass?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 01:58:37 AM »
I think because i still am depressed and have suicidal thoughts sometimes he said it would take away the negative thoughts.

Wellbutrin is a very stimulating antidepressant which can lift moods, it can also trigger panic attacks in those with anxiety disorders. Moreover, like all the other antidepressants it won't work immediately. A mood stabilizer might be better.

Is it unusual to experience neg thoughts? Do they usually pass?

Yes, and yes. You're being put through the emotional wringer, partly by your mind and partly by the med, so it would be unusual if it didn't all get you really down from time to time. Unfortunately, there are no instant cures. It will take time to put your life back together. Until then just take it a day at a time, or even second by second if necessary. Endure, until things begin taking a turn for the better. They nearly always do, IME.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »
Thanks you always make me feel somewhat better. I am gonna stay on the zoloft and see how it goes for a little bit. My anxiety is not as bad as it has been i just wish the mood would lift. Hopefully it does soon. I really dont want to be on 2 antidepressants i never have been.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: