Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tell me honestly...  (Read 105 times)

Offline bearandbug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tell me honestly...
« on: August 29, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »
I've been suffering with bad HA for 6 months, mainly cancer & lump phobias. Latest is breast cancer. I'm 6 months pregnant & a few weeks back I felt my breasts had become noticeably different. I have ropey, thick tissue in the left & very few changes in the right. I know hormones can do that but I was terrified. My partner insisted it felt fine to him & nowhere near as bad as I was making out. He's been right about everything else but I couldn't help visiting my GP for a breast exam.

She told me I was fine. No lumps or cysts, nothing stuck to my ribs, normal healthy tissue. But now my mind is telling me frim the angle she felt, she wouldn't have felt properly. That the tissue might have moved up into my armpit & she would have missed it. That she couldn't possibly have felt what I feel & still called it normal. My partner insists I'm wrong.

I should trust him & not my own fears shouldn't I? I feel tempted to run to doctor yet again.

I'm having therapy & starting meds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tell me honestly...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
I have an 8 month old, and I developed ropey things in my right breast at the beginning of my pregnancy. Not too long after, I then developed them on the left, along with an armpit lump as well. I have had mine monitored numerous times by ultrasound, always told noncancerous lymph nodes. I am still breastfeeding and still have these things. Breast changes are very common in pregnancy, as you know. I see a breast surgeon because of other breast cancer scares, and she told me I might be feeling these because I'm thin. Anyhoo, she's not too worried but has referred me for a PET/CT scan just in case. If I were you, I would ask for imaging if they persist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tell me honestly...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »
Your hands are not trained like your doctors, so it is better not to poke around. I would rely on your doctors diagnosis.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: