Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Good, then bad days...  (Read 264 times)

Offline dbirm77

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Good, then bad days...
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »
It amazes me how different certain days can be. Some mornings, I wake up feeling like I can handle anything. Anxiety is there (it always is), but it is backround music and doesn't disrupt me at all. Other days, from the moment I open my eyes I feel defeated. Trying desperatley to regain control of my thoughts and feelings. These days hurt...alot. I hope that one day I can identify the triggers that spark these bad days...I really like the good ones.

Good luck,

Drew
Bookmark and Share
Expect.....anxiety to come.
Accept.....anxiety and all it's sensations.
Ask.........anxiety for more!

Rinse and repeat!

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Good, then bad days...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:56:27 AM »
This always happens to me. I'll have a good 30 days then a bad 6 months. It's awful. Good luck to you as well!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:48:42 AM »
Have you guys searched for best therapy and meds?  Since klonopin and ACT therapy, I've had 2 months of being relaxed and myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SRD0288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »
I haven't gone to therapy but it's definitely something I'm looking into. My Dr prescribed me Lexapro and Ativan, I have yet to take either.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
YES.  I feel the same way.   After going through a couple of weeks of feeling on top of things and not feeling like anxiety was having this huge negative impact it's like I'm back at square one.   Defeated and frustrated for sure.   I've been on medication for a couple of months now, I do notice somewhat of a difference but not a lot.   And I was seeing a therapist for cognitive behavioral therapy but that didn't seem to work at all either. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:56 PM »
Same here.  Good days & bad days, the bad ones are easier to remember.  It is frustrating to say the least.  I've decided to start therapy, I don't wanna be on this roller coaster anymore.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline sophiadm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
I can relate 100%. I'm starting to think that maybe in a lot of cases there aren't any triggers, other than whatever chemical stuff is going on in my body. My therapist keeps asking what I'm anxious ABOUT but I can't really say ... it's just a general awful feeling a lot of the time.

And it seems like just when I think I've figured things out and things are going well, I'll have a terrible day or week or month and then I'm starting over again. I hate it.

I went off klonopin because eventually I started to feel too sedated, but like it wasn't actually helping anything, so I've been trying out different herbs for a couple months. It was recommended to me that I go on a few other medications but I decided I want to try something else before I agree to it. I found a few herbal teas that work pretty well, I order them from an herbal store -- http://www.mistymeadows.org/. I've also been taking a supplement called Tranquilene -- http://www.tranquilene.com/tranquilene_formula.php. I think it's actually making a big difference, my mood has been on a steady upswing for more than a month now, with only a couple bad days (big improvement from before). I also find that when I start the day by stretching, I usually end up feeling more motivated and happy throughout the day. I really thing there's something to releasing physical tension first thing in the morning. Worth at try anyway!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: