Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Doctor on app has me scared!!!  (Read 492 times)

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doctor on app has me scared!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
I really agree with sixpack.

I remember your post from a week or so ago, and I'm saddened to hear you're not up and moving around normally by now.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »
Just to boil this down:
1) Your symptoms sound like anxiety (if you'd told the app "doc" the whole story about your HA, he may have given you different advice).
2) Yes, people on bed rest should do as Smitten said and find small ways to keep moving. There are also leg sleeves they use to keep blood flowing in extreme cases.
3) You mentioned you had the "dizzy, floaty" feeling before you assigned yourself bed rest, so it's clearly not from a blood clot. It may be from allergies, hormone issues or just plain anxiety. But if it's keeping you from living your life,
4) Get out of bed and ask your GP or OBGYN about it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 04:22:28 PM »
There are also compression socks/stockings if you're that worried about a blood clot, but seriously - this is anxiety.  You're going to be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:00:25 PM »
 It's not anxiety from raising up on the bed. It's orthastatic hyotension due to laying so much. I sit up for a few seconds At a time then try again. It's getting a little better each time. Soon as the lightheaded feels better then I will try walking. I wasn't having this type of dizziness before I became bed ridden. I was just having a sensation that the floor was moving and it was about 60% better after the medication my ent have me for sinus infection. And the infection wasn't totally gone after the meds. I do have compression stockings. I'm not using the app anymore as I already pointed out. If I feel I can't do this on my own I will seek medical attention but I'm just giving my body time to get adjusted to an upright position first and go from there. 
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
I have anxiety due to the things that I feel in my body sitting up cause i wasn't aware of how the body's affect after bed ridden state. If I had known then I would not have let myself get this way. And I get anxiety from what it could do to my body which is why I'm working on getting out of bed. Trust me I am sick of bed and as for professional help, you try living in a crappy area where there's no therapists at all. I've been looking into it for months and there's none in my area who treats anxiety and the ones who do, are hours away and cost a fortune and I can't get Medicaid or help with it financially. If I could I would cause I want to get help to manage it better. I'm doing the best I can with it on my own. Which is why I'm on here less. I have my bad days like we all do. I have my good days. I have my bad days like we all do. I was not like this before my stupid sinus infection. I was living my life I was happy. I was anxiety free and carefree. This was just a slip up due to my sinus problem putting pressure on my ears and what really was the bad part is that I had to wait 3 months to see an ent which was uncalled for. I tried to see my main dr the minute the sinus issue began but they would not fit me in so I had to deal with it and that's what really triggered my anxiety. The medical system here is bs.  They were gonna turn me down on the day of the ct scan cause I didn't have all the money. But anyway, the important thing is that I'm trying to get back on my feet and it's stressing me which I don't need to stress cause that won't help.

I never expected those drs to diagnose me. I was simply asking about bed rest and they told me it takes time for the body to adjust from a laying down position for a prolong time. It only startled me about blood clots.  But I have compression stockings and do leg exercises with ankle weights so I doubt I will get one. Only thing I'm stressed about is how long it will take for my body to adjust cause I'm ready to be up and walking. Last time I tried to walk I busted my head open cause I was so lightheaded that's why I just can't get up and walk until my body adjusts to gravity again and sitting up until the lightheadedness subsides. And each day it's better. Trying to keep my head a little higher up but I have a bad bed that don't help. It's not like I'm not trying. It's not a crime to ask doctors for advice, I never ask for diagnosis. And they have an idea of my history cause it's on my profile. My ent is even on the app so it's not fake. Doctors have given me helpful advice. Now and then there's one that's a quack. But I haven't used the app in a few days cause I have a friend who's a nurse who's been helping me with this and it's been better.  So anyway, I know I will get better. Soon as I'm walking I will see my ent again if I'm still having sinus symptoms. I have a lot of stress on me. It's just me and my mom and we are poor and the government is effed up cause I can't get help. Tried and it's failed. I guess I have to get myself pregnant before they will help me. It's bs.

Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: