Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Doctor on app has me scared!!!  (Read 583 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Doctor on app has me scared!!!
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:56:16 AM »
I asked him about bed rest and my dizzy head, tense shoulders, wobbly body and he said that study shows that there's risk for blood clots. And now I'm scared I have one. Wouldn't I have symptoms?????
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Online fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doctor on app has me scared!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:05:58 AM »
so if you are wobbly you have a greater chance of a blood clot? I guess I am doomed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:18:22 AM »
He did not answer my question stupid doctor. I told him those things and asked him if it was blood pressure and all he said was I'm not surprised and that study shows bed rest is at high risk of blood clots and other stuff which I knew about already which is why I'm working on hard to get out of this bed but he did not answer my question instead he said those things. But if I had blood clot in leg I would know it I'm hoping!!! Now scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »
Is this an online doctor? One who is trying to diagnose without seeing you or knowing your history? Not sure I'd believe much of what he says.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 04:13:27 PM »
Yes. It's on a health app on my phone. I'm aware that laying a long time can cause blood clots and other things which is why I'm trying hard to sit up and get my body adjusted again and also I have been doing leg exercises. What made me mad was that instead of him just answering my question he had to make like bed rest was a death sentence. If it was that terrible then pregnant women would be all dead. I'm aware of what he said but he could have just been better about his words instead of trying to scare me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »
Maybe there's a good lesson in here about not seeking reassurance from these sorts of things.  After all, they're not approaching it from a "must reassure anxious person" perspective, so that's not likely to be what you get from it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
my view is that you should stop posting questions to online docs.  Does that cost you money???

I suggest you delete the app.  It isn't going to help you.

just my 2 cents
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Smitten

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
I was on bed rest during pregnancy for six weeks for hypertension. I didn't get a blood clot. Just rotate your ankles and do some light leg movement/exercise if your doctor says that's ok. Change positions. Think about people who are on bed rest for years and all they do is some leg exercises with them. If you are that concerned, call your doctor's office and ask.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
Sixpack - I don't know much about how the body reacts after prolonged bed rest and was making sure they way I felt when I sit up was normal. Some have been helpful but this one had to give me a scare and act like I was gonna die. 

Molly- my doctor didn't put me on bed rest. I was having some dizziness from a sinus infection in June and it was giving me bad panic attacks to the point I was scared to walk and that was a mistake I know. So that's why now I'm trying to sit up much as I can and as already said, I didn't know how bed rest would affect the body. I thought sitting up would be easy. I've wanted to go to hospital to see if they could help get back on my feet but I really doubt they would admit me just for that reason. Were you dizzy floaty feeling sitting up after bed rest? You may have propped yourself up with pillows but I've been flat on my back and on my side only when I sleep. So pretty much for 2 months it's been flat on my back one pillow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »
just my two cents again

but that sounds like an anxious thinking sort of rationalization to be going  to online doctors.   IMO it is a waste of your money, if your paying for it and it isn't going to help you in the short run or the long run.   

again,  my 2 cents---- you would do yourself much more good by getting up and gutting out the dizziness.  All of this fretting over how 'dangerous' it is for you to get up is, imo, more a product of your anxious thinking than anything else. 

of course, you can deal with your anxiety how you see fit, but since you posted on a forum worrying, I thought I would tell you what I, HONESTLY think.

good luck and be well.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 10:39:22 PM »
I'm not paying to talk to these doctors. It's an app where you ask questions for free. I felt like I needed to ask how I should go about sitting up and for how long so I would make sure I wouldn't pass out if I wasn't careful. So I was told to just sit up little at a time each day, several times a day so my body could get adjusted and to do it slow. So that's what I'm doing.  Yes I stay anxious about it cause Never had my body to feel this way but of course never been in bed this long so yeah I'm nervous. I'm working hard on it and sitting up is a big step for me. Hopefully soon the floaty head will start subsiding to where I can actually sit up much longer and start trying to walk. I don't have patience cause I'm so ready to be on my feet again but I know my body needs time to adjust.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 11:24:05 PM »
Unless this app comes as part of your health insurance (e.g. like a nurse on call), I wouldn't believe it. You have no idea what qualifications these doctors have or if they're even doctors at all. And no reputable doctor would diagnose you through an app, site or phone call.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:32 AM »
They are real doctors cause they have their office hours and stuff on their profile and you can google them to see their ratings. They aren't diagnosing me. I was asking for suggestions on how to get myself out of bed without over doing it. And also I have been talking to my best friends mom who is a nurse to help me. Wish she didn't live nk another state or she would come help me but she confirmed everything they said so I really don't need them anymore anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Online terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
let me guess... health tap? if so, biggest joke out there.

just my two cents.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 11:42:12 AM »
This is just proof the "smart phones" aren't that smart. A phone app can't diagnose you or recommend treatment nor will it help you with anxiety and it's symptoms. They're great for listening to music which can be relaxing or getting directions and ohhhh, even calling someone (fancy that!), but medical advice from an "app"?  My two cents... Being bedridden due to anxiety and it's physical ramifications is something a phone app or a forum is not qualified to handle. Professional help/intervention would probably be best at this point.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Tags: