Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chest-Rib pain...Dont want to go to doctors AGAIN  (Read 205 times)

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chest-Rib pain...Dont want to go to doctors AGAIN
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:13 PM »
Okay so when I went to take my muscle relaxer I got scared..becauae this was the night I had to start back up in a combine bc...I didnt want to....they make me sooo sick...but when I took the baclofen if notice I get this weird chest dropping feeling...and I jerk myself awake...I assumed it was my poor anxiety riddled body finally relaxing but it scares me!! So this night I was even more scares..I had to take the bc...oh yeah got that head, chest dropping feeling and freaked...Of course it folllows me the next day...mid chest strange feeling...needless to say within two weeks I was off bc becauae of the horrific stomach pain, pain in my diaphragm and irrational anxiety.  The doctor said no more....but I've NOW gotten this chest anxiety...ive had my heart checked soooo many times I dont want to go back including a mnth ago before the bc in the e.r.

but I keep thinkin. ..two weeks on bc..I could have damaged my heart right? Some girls have strokes and heart attacks within a week or so ive googled. But from crying over how ive felt I now have this pain under mt left rib...so weird pressure odd sensations in chest along with this pain under my left rib....

Im trying to figure out if the chest crap is anxiety and ive brought that from the baclofen....and thi isnt the first time ive had the pain under my left rib....once after my divorce from my abusive ex...they did a ct scan with dye and I was perfect...ugh idk. And that was two yrs ago.

Any advice would be great!!!
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest-Rib pain...Dont want to go to doctors AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »
Please excuse my typing. ..I'm on my cell and it glitches bad
Bookmark and Share

Online cali4niay

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:40:25 PM »
What does the pain feel like in the chest and under the rib?
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
I know cardiac related chest pain for women is different from what men experience, but I've had bouts of bad chest pain on and off for about a year now. Mostly sharp, stabbing pains localized to my left side, associated with stomach cramps. I went to a cardiologist who cleared me of any cardiac problems. Some days I think it's silly that I even considered the pain to be cardiac, but then there's days like today (having bad pain) where it seems almost certainly heart related. Damn anxiety and acid reflux.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:00:34 PM »
The feeling in my chest is just strange...and mid chest to lower mid chest....doesnt hurt just feels strange..like weak? the pain under my left rib feel dull when I breathe in super deep..like a pulled muscle...its even spasmed a little....but I have GERD and IBS....I get random stabbing pains in my chest on the left side constantly...I'm used to those...doesnt help they still freak me out....nothing hurts "bad" just dull and achy....ill also add im a hair dresser and constantly have back pain..along with pinched nerves, a strained cervical and trapezious muscle. ....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 06:01:40 PM »
The feeling in my chest is just strange...and mid chest to lower mid chest....doesnt hurt just feels strange..like weak? the pain under my left rib feel dull when I breathe in super deep..like a pulled muscle...its even spasmed a little....but I have GERD and IBS....I get random stabbing pains in my chest on the left side constantly...I'm used to those...doesnt help they still freak me out....nothing hurts "bad" just dull and achy....ill also add im a hair dresser and constantly have back pain..along with pinched nerves, a strained cervical and trapezious muscle. ....
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
I had this for months on end last year. Went to the er many, many times, sometimes it was coupled with shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. Some doctors said acid reflux, some said costochondritis (likely if you touch a part of your chest and it is sore). I saw a cardiologist and did many tests, had a chest x ray, everything came back fine.
Went away eventually. It probably was all anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Online cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
I have a lot of pain under the ribs, too. Sometimes its dull and achey, sometimes a shooting pain.

And my chest feels "sore" when I move. If I cave my shoulders in, I feel so much tension in my back and around areas of my chest.
My shoulders and upper back seem to always be sore and tensed.

I can def identify with you on all this. I don't want to go back to the doc either, so I'm thinking of trying yoga and taking epsom salt baths.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »
Yes the caving in! thats the sensation. ..my upper back is aways sooo sore and tense I feel like a hunch back...maybe its musvle tension from my back?? hmmm or a mix of the messed up gut and back..
Bookmark and Share

Online cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
It must be, because I get back and stomach issues only during times of high anxiety. So is it mainly your upper back?

It's usually my mid-to-upper back, shoulders, and neck and this time it's scared me because it went to my chest.
The last time I got like this, 3 years ago or so, I also felt like I had a huge knot in the middle of my back that I could only feel when I angled my head down.

I have horrible posture at work and it's doing a number on me. Then I freaked out because I read that "upper back pain is rare", and then it got worse. However, when I went to the doc, she wasn't concerned at all and said "it's your posture. Lots of people have it. I'm going to send you to pain mgmt."

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking "noooooooooo, what if it's something bad. Get me an x-ray or SOMETHING." And I've even contemplated going to another doctor, but that prob still wouldn't make me happy.
Lol.

Your occupation combined with your anxiety must be really messing up your back! I'm so sorry you're going through this...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bonzlee

• Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 10:37:07 PM »
I had this last year and it turned out I had 2 ribs that were dislocated. It can hurt in the front and the back because the ribs shift around. Breathing made it hurt the most. I couldn't breath deeply. Have you seen a chiropractor?

Also, if you have GI issues, the large intestine comes up and around on the upper left side of the abdomen. You could have some gas or something that is getting stuck there before it finally moves around and goes out.

I know these kinds of pains are scary, so I hope you figure out what is causing it. I think if it was heart problems you'd have other symptoms, not just the pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 07:16:54 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to reply back! Yeah it hurts in my ribs and in my upper back directly even with my breastbone thru me....I think you guys are right....but I stil wig...feels like its my heart...even sex, working out, stress..anything im fine......altho when the tornado thru Monday night my chest felt so weird and I got super nauseated instead of the normal ping of nervousness in my chest that im used too. ....so that furthered my heart problem worry:(...And no I havent been to the chiro on 6mnths....Also I feel and hit mt chest on the arm of the couch...and my husband seems to think I hurt my solar plexis? and it takes mnths to heal....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: