Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Would like to know how others deal with this?  (Read 162 times)

Offline Loveisaduel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Would like to know how others deal with this?
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
Hello there,

I've been really anxious lately and Unfortunately, during those periods of time, I notice that I'm getting a lot of intrusive thoughts. About all kinds of things really, hurting someone, hurting myself mainly. It freaaaaaks me out. I was just wondering if some of you had advice on how to deal with them? I know the key is to convince yourself that it's all in your head and trying to push them away just makes them worse but I can't seem to do it?
And as I've been having some bad Depersonalization/derealization, I feel like it makes things worse AND makes it harder for me to "tell" myself I would never do it even though I clearly don't want to... It's just really frustrating. It doesn't help either when you're not confident at all...

Thanks for Listening :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kittykat22

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • trying to stay positive
    • Poke This Member
Re: Would like to know how others deal with this?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:49:02 PM »
Hi there,
I know how you feel is really scary, but like you said you just have to tell yourself its all in your head. I have just recently started having intrusive thoughts like this and its really scary. Do you know what triggers them or is it just obsessive thinking? I am noticing that it starts to happen when I start feeling anxious and then it spirals out of control from there. I have just started taking clonezapam and when I feel like im going to start getting these racing thoughts, I take one and it calms my mind. Clonezapam is a benzo and can become addictive so I try to only take the pill when I really cant control what I am thinking or when I get a really major panic attack from these thoughts. Are you on any medications at all?
Bookmark and Share
we all carry these things inside that no one else can see, they hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at sea.

Offline Loveisaduel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:16:06 AM »
Nice to meet you!  And sorry to hear that you're going through the same thing. I'm not on any medication as I'm not seeing any therapist at the moment. I used to see one but I didn't really feel comfortarble with her at all. I'm currently considering seeing another one As my anxiety/intrusive thoughts are getting bad again. A lot of things can trigger them sadly. Just seeing a knife or a scene from a crime show. Which is why it's getting hard to deal with as those are things that you see often in a day. I've been trying to read a lot of things about intrusive thoughts lately so I could know more about why they happen etc.. And it has helped a little during moments of panic. But the day after it's like I forgot everything. I guess it's one thing to read that "no, it doesn't make you a monster" but it's another thing to actually accept it and that it's just your brain acting up. Sometimes I won't think about them for a few hours and then I'll remind myself "oh, it's good. You haven't though about that YET" and that just starts the cycle all over again. Frustrating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kittykat22

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • trying to stay positive
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:22 PM »
Thanks, its okay. And I really highly recommend seeing someone to talk to me. I mean, I am not an expert but I went through 5 different therapists until I found the right fit and talking to her weekly is really helping. I think it would definitely benefit you. My therapist specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy and its pretty much trying to get your mind thinking positively, which when you have thoughts that you cant control is really hard. And that must be really hard that every day things can trigger your thoughts, I am sorry to hear that. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, as soon as I think that I am doing good its like a little voice in the back of my head is like 'OH wait you arent thinking bad thoughts, well let me make you think some more messed up things" Its like a vicious circle. The only thing that can really calm me down is my clonezapam or just talking to someone about it and making me realize I am not crazy. If you ever want to message me on here, feel free. Talking about things can really help sometimes, even though I am just a complete stranger, Its nice to have someone to relate to, or just to listen.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
we all carry these things inside that no one else can see, they hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at sea.

Offline Loveisaduel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
Thank you for the offer, I'll probably take you up on it at some point. Just so you know, feel free to do the same. It's nice to be able to talk about this with someone. I don't know anyone around me who has the same problem so it's one more thing that makes you feel kind of secluded. Having one of those bad days because I didn't sleep much last night and it's frustrating. Really going to take your advice and ask my doctor to see if he has good therapists I could see. I just don't want someone who is going to brush me off like the other two did. It's nice to have someone tell you "everything's fine with you" and then get told you don't need to come back, but it doesn't really help much. Anyway, hope you're having a good day!
Bookmark and Share

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 03:16:11 PM »
I am going through this but im trying to get out of it, like kittykat22 said its in your head but i understand that it is hard because i am still going through this currently i also have these thoughts when i try to get to sleep and worry that something bad is going to happen to me or someone else in my family.
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Tags: