Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Where the HELL is My PERIOD? (Lady C-Word Chronicles)  (Read 109 times)

Offline VeryScary

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Where the HELL is My PERIOD? (Lady C-Word Chronicles)
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
Day 28 was yesterday and no period. I’m scared to death it won’t come. I know day 29 doesn’t count as “late” per say. And once I got to day 32. But I’m miserable, scared, convinced I have some awful rare cancer, and not sure how I’m going to make it.

Disclaimer: GAY. No need to have the ole “do a preggo test just in case” convo – unless you can be knocked up for 18 years.

On background: This all started kinda in 2012 with brown spotting and an “OMG cervical c-word” obsession that culminated in more elective pap smears than any one woman should have in a five year span, let alone a one year span. This year, around the time for my pap, I had a major panic attack and decided I had to get in and get this test IMMEDIATELY. How’d I get a quick appointment with my insurer? I lied and told them I was spotting. (That stopped over a year ago)

Ho ho ho BAD EFFIN IDEA: Kaiser’s default for spotting is endometrial biopsy! So for the record - DON'T DO THAT *****. You'll end up having even more frightening ***** to worry about than you expected. So I ended up having a pap, HPV test AND an effin biopsy. I was a full basketcase for 10 days. During that time I read about all of the horrible things that could be related to a missed period. There actually aren’t many, but there IS a rare type of ovarian cancer that can cause it.

And that’s when this started.

It’s been four months. Each month is all about checking cervical mucous and temperatures and taking ovulation prediction tests. You would think I was trying to conceive. In reality, I’m just trying to find peace of mind that I will never get. Since April, I've had a pap, HPV, endo biopsy AND a transvaginal ultrasound, which I cooked up once I started ovary obsessing. All normal. Means nothing to me.

This month I got positive ovulation tests and my temperatures rose, though not as high as usual. I got PMS or so I thought, some back pain,  but no period. I’m like WTF – what the hell has been going on with me then??

I’m beginning to feel oddly numb, yet terrorized. It’s like a placid horror. I can’t tell my partner, she’ll just be like “wait it out”. I want to jump from a bridge. Why doesn’t my body understand that I can’t go through this?????? I'm just trying to avoid going to the ER for a transvaginal again: I don't have insurance right now and it would be out of pocket. That will NOT be good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sugarpeeps

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Where the HELL is My PERIOD? (Lady C-Word Chronicles)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
Hi there, I am by no means a doctor, but I do know that stress and anxiety can affect your cycles.  It sounds like you are experiencing significant anxiety.  Also, if you are in your mid 30s and up, you could be experiencing hormonal changes.  Hope this helps even a little bit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:19:27 AM »
Thanks - the effort helps :)

I know a lot of women in here go through this...
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »
sounds like you're worrying so much that it's causing your cycle TO get screwed up; and i say that in the nicest way possible.

i am 31 years old, not gay, and i have the same issue. i started my period when i was 13. ever since then? i have never been regular. when i say i have never been regular? i mean there was a point in time [3 years ago] when i went 14 months without a period, and was told that "this is my normal"...

in march of this year, i had a period after not having one for....i wanna say 9-10 months. since then? i can set my clock to when my period will be. in asking folks and medical professionals about this -- they all tell me the same thing:  "these things JUST happen, and don't always have a malicious intent behind it."

everyone is different, so you're going to get a lot of different answers that you might see as an effort, give or take. it sucks that everyone's body is different than the person next to them; but hopefully my story will help ease your mind a bit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »
Hi there, I am by no means a doctor, but I do know that stress and anxiety can affect your cycles.  It sounds like you are experiencing significant anxiety.  Also, if you are in your mid 30s and up, you could be experiencing hormonal changes.  Hope this helps even a little bit.

i agree completely, and very well stated.
Bookmark and Share

Online cali4niay

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »
I'm going through the same thing.

I've been irregular since I was a teenager, but then my body regulated itself for the past few months. Then BAM, no period. Just some light spotting and blood tinged cervical fluid. I'm not pregnant, as I've taken at least 1 pregnancy test per day and I keep getting a BFN.

I've been really stressed out though, so perhaps that screwed me up. I have to go for my pap next month, sooooooo we'll see how that goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LadyH

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »
Stress and anxiety is the number one thing for screwing with our cycles. It takes hardly anything to mess up the whole system :)
We are very delicate creatures this way :)

Chill out, claim a raging cause of PMT, get yourself a giant choccy bar and get away with being mean to everyone :)

Fell better soon
x
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »

Firstly, thanks EVERYBODY for replying. HA is so odd: I would feel TOTES normal if I had irregular cycles and this happened. In my mind it would be like "oh ok, there's my irregular cycles again!"

Of course, I'm sure that in reality, I would be like "Oh dear gawd, this is gonna be the time they're NOT normal!"

The oddest my cycles have been ...well...back when the brown spotting happened in 2012, I had a single non spotting period - 32 days this thing took to come! But no spotting at all - then back to spotting for the next seven cycles. Then spotting just stopped. Now I have zero indication up to the HOUR it arrives. There have maybe been some other things (i.e. I suddenly started getting PMS in 2012, etc.) but never missed one.

I'm just going to try to control the only thing I can control - how I interpret everything. It would help if I didn't take everything as a sign of c-word. But that's just not realistic for me right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »
sounds like you're worrying so much that it's causing your cycle TO get screwed up; and i say that in the nicest way possible.

i am 31 years old, not gay, and i have the same issue. i started my period when i was 13. ever since then? i have never been regular. when i say i have never been regular? i mean there was a point in time [3 years ago] when i went 14 months without a period, and was told that "this is my normal"...

in march of this year, i had a period after not having one for....i wanna say 9-10 months. since then? i can set my clock to when my period will be. in asking folks and medical professionals about this -- they all tell me the same thing:  "these things JUST happen, and don't always have a malicious intent behind it."

everyone is different, so you're going to get a lot of different answers that you might see as an effort, give or take. it sucks that everyone's body is different than the person next to them; but hopefully my story will help ease your mind a bit.

BTW I have GOT to know: How did you NOT go bananas not having a period for 14 months?? If I didn't have a period that long, I'd be camped out at the hospital demanding all kinds of tests - then promptly rejecting the outcomes, of course.

Seriously, what was your method? One of the things I hate the most is feeling like this doesn't happen to anybody else. Obviously untrue, but still. I'm 34, btw.

Does it seem s trange that I'm reacting this way - honestly?
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »
i don't think it's strange you're reacting that way. only because i know that everyone handles situations differently. at first, i was scared - but this was also back when i didn't have panic attacks or have HA thoughts. so back in the day when that happened, i was essentially grateful to not go through my period for that amount of time.

NOW, the roles are reversed, lol. NOW, i get afraid when i have my period because 1] it's normal and 2] because i am not used to them being normal
Bookmark and Share

Tags: