Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 45 times)

Offline aveee31

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Hello :)
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:43:33 AM »
Hey everyone! My name is Avery, 19 years old, currently living in Louisville KY. I joined this site hoping that I could get some feedback/support from others that are dealing,  or have dealt with the same things as me,  I haven't actually been diagnosed with anxiety but I know for a 100% fact that I have it, I guess the main thing I have in dealing with anxiety would be hypochondria, I cant tell you guys how many times I've caught myself on the internet searching symptoms n what not and coming to the conclusion that I have some kind of terminal illness/brain tumor/skin cancer/lupus, anything you can think of I'm sure I've thought I've had it at one point in time. Anyways, i'm really excited in having joined this site, it makes me feel a little better knowing there's other people out there like me that can hopefully help me out when needed :))
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jughead87

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:35:30 AM »
Morning Avery,

Number one rule for anyone that has anxiety like you and I is to NEVER Google anything and NEVER use WebMD. When I first starting having anxiety and panic attacks I would do the same thing and I would be in the ER 2-3 times a month. Everything from thinking I have a thyroid issue, blood clot, heart attack, stroke, and more when in face YOU ARE OK. Its hard at first but being able to understand that is all mental and its something that you can control is the greatest thing. You might want to talk to a doctor about medication or you might want to be more active at start running or doing some time or workouts. Studies have show that it helps people with anxiety and panic disorders because it helps balance the chemicals in there brain that create anxiety and panic attack. Im no professional but I've been dealing with it for 7yrs and Im 27yrs old. You will have ups and downs but always focus on the positives and be optimistic because at the end of the day you are OK.

Best of luck Avery
Bookmark and Share
Sincerely,
Josh

Anxiety / Panic Attacks / Mid Depression

Tags:

anything