Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Foot pain only when walking?  (Read 226 times)

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Foot pain only when walking?
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
This came on around late Monday evening and has been happening since. Unless I position my right foot somewhat offset while walking, I have pain in the ball of my foot. I'm just going to say it's neuropathy or something's broken, I'm freaking out. Aleve and such aren't working, so what else can it be? Please, I'm begging you, help me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline chelseafan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Foot pain only when walking?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »
have you been running a lot? have you considered the possibility of a stress fracture?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
I don't run, no, and stress fracture? That scares me even more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:29:17 PM »
First let me assure you it is not Peripheral Neuropathy, otherwise you'd have other symptoms like numbness/pins and needles sensations. To be honest, it is probably something as simple as needing to see a foot doctor. Your foot may simply just need extra cushion in certain areas.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »
But I don't have a foot doctor, and I have severe white coat syndrome. One step inside and I start freaking out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
Then try Dr Scholls Gel Insoles for one week and tell me if you feel any different. It will conform to the areas of your foot that need it.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Thing is it only happens when I'm barefoot. If I have shoes, I'm, for the most part, good. Thing is though I don't get out a lot. I'm just going to accept my fate that my foot's giving up on me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:59:50 PM »
it could be a morton's neuroma.  I've  had that.  those can really hurt a good bit

I did, eventually see two podiatrists about it.    One sent me to  another.  hey they both live in my neighborhood.   :laugh3:  . 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »
Was yours on and off? Mine feels like it's on and off, even when I'm on my feet. The pain, on a scale from 1-10 is probably a 3-4 at its worst, but it still worries me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
Obviously, no one can diagnose or really suggest what the issue is. Here's the thing.... you either live with this and hopefully it goes away or you have to see a doctor who can refer you to a podiatrist.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
morton's neuromas only hurt when standing/walking on it.  it hurts when walking barefoot.    classic presentation feels like you are stepping on a little pebble or marble.   

mine got worse over time.  I had two occurrences.  the first time it was also accompanied by numbing and shock pain of second and third toe.  I wore one of those toe separator gel things between my first and second toe for a few months.  I didn't know what it was the first time around.  It, surprisingly, worked like a charm.   then a couple of years later, it started again along with swelling and other pain.  the gel separator did NOT work this time.  The first the podiatrist thought stress fracture because I hike and walk a lot.  Eventually I was dx'd with Morton's neuroma and "pre dislocation syndrome."   I wore a boot for a while. I got one cortisone shot.  I had to curtail my walking.  It took a long time for the neuroma to diminish.  that was two summers ago.  In the last 9 months or so, I have finally been able to walk barefoot again.

this is not some horrible thing.  It is annoying for sure but life does go on.  it is very common foot ailment..

Go to go to a podiatrist.  It isn't a big deal

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline cali4niay

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »
You're fine. Your only pain is a common problem...right now, someone is dealing with real sickness and pain. Be happy, enjoy your life, and know you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »
Foot pain is a really common complaint.  What shoes do you wear and do they fit you right? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline AbeLinkedIn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »
I mainly wear some K-Swiss and I don't have problems with them. In fact the pain now seems to come and go, depending on how I walk. I barely noticed it when I wore my shoes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
I mainly wear some K-Swiss and I don't have problems with them. In fact the pain now seems to come and go, depending on how I walk. I barely noticed it when I wore my shoes.

In that case, I'd say your feet just need a little extra cushion, that's all. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: