Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Serious Lymphoma anxiety  (Read 111 times)

Offline lauramarie333

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Serious Lymphoma anxiety
« on: August 27, 2014, 12:24:55 PM »
Hello

I am a 20 year old girl and have suffered with general anxiety most of my life.
Recently i have been obsessed with scanning my body for lumps and bumps. i found the most tiny soft nodule under my ear at the top of my neck and was convinced i had cancer i then googled this and it came up with lymphoma. ever since then i have been petrified and have been living life asif i have cancer.
i was petrified to go to the doctors with the fear they would tell me bad news.  after a month i plucked up the courage to go to the doctors she said she couldn't even feel a lump but i was so upset and worried she said do this blood test for peace of mind. i asked her to check my armpits too and she couldnt feel anything. my bloods were all normal which made me feel like i could live again until a few weeks after when i thought maybe it doesnt show in your blood. so i googled it.  what did i find? that lymphoma doesnt always show up in blood tests all the time! i instantly broke down and started searching my body again and i am now convinced i have an enlarged groin node. on the right had side in the crease it feels like a 1cmish or less bean shaped bump. i am so worried because i cannot feel it on the other side.  im planning to go  back to the doctors in the next few days to get it checked.. i do not have any other symptoms i.e weight loss, night sweats etc etc. but i dont feel like the doctor takes enough time to really analyse it! im so stressed with it all and its running through my mind 24/7 :( ! has anyone else gone through a similar thing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrawberryCraze91

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Serious Lymphoma anxiety
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »
Right now I am worried because I have  lump on the top right side of my neck.  I hear poking it makes it swell more so I am trying not to touch it for 2 weeks.

Sucks huh?
Bookmark and Share
Pslam 56:3
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

Isaiah 54:17
"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper"

Peter 5:7
"casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

Tags: