Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I can't believer the E.R diagnosis I got. help!!!!  (Read 644 times)

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I can't believer the E.R diagnosis I got. help!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
Girl next door here got the diagnosis asthma because she had trouble breathing 24/7.
One of my friends has asthma and she can have months not having any trouble breathing before she gets an attack, and that attack can go on for days. It's not like she really can't breath for days, but she feels really bad.

About the sprirometry test; you didn't cheat. That's how people take these test. And the amount of air you can keep in your mouth isn't enough to make a substantial difference in the test results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
Did you have known asthma prior to this ER diagnosis? I'm not sure how old you are but I usually have constant 24/7 breathing issues also and my doctor attributes most of it to anxiety because he told me that to develop asthma at my age (19) is extremely rare. People generally don't develop it later in life, it's something that they get when they are usually little and it develops as they get older and gets worse or better.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Online AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:35 PM »
The doc visit didn't help much. If anything it made things worse. First the Dr told me that my WBC was up about 1 point. He said it's nothing to worry about but I'm still a little nervous about it. What really worries me thoigh is they did a spirometry on me and it showed a mild obstruction.  He told me that my lungs sounded clear. I'm really freaking out badly right now.

That sounds about right, as an acute asthma attack most certainly causes obstructed airways. In a couple of weeks after treatment a repeat spirometry should show improved function. It's been a bad allergy season, so potentially an allergen may have triggered the flare.

Has anyone given you any real education on your asthma diagnosis ? Perhaps a better understanding of the process would help. Rather than doctor google, perhaps check out www.familydoctor.org or the CDC website or ask your doctor for a printed handout on asthma. But please only read up on your actual diagnosis not you feared one.

Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 06:29:37 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

I'm new to the forum but I see you're not. I did a little reading and you've had the dragon breathing down your neck for quite a number of years. The pattern is similar in the posts and it's apparent he's got a hold of you pretty good :( Are you still on meds? Therapy? I hope you find a way to get a leash on this. I wish you the best.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Online jimmy7777

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

I'm new to the forum but I see you're not. I did a little reading and you've had the dragon breathing down your neck for quite a number of years. The pattern is similar in the posts and it's apparent he's got a hold of you pretty good :( Are you still on meds? Therapy? I hope you find a way to get a leash on this. I wish you the best.

Positive thoughts

I am just finishing up my prednisone and antibiotics and nothing helped. I'm still having the breathing problems and having to take my rescue inhaler several times a day. I know this time this just isn't anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing we can do with suffering
except suffer it. "C.S Lewis"

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
Jimmy7777,  the word is Ascities PLEASE LOOK IT UP! 

Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 07:12:06 PM »
Hi. :)
I have asthma, but am currently experiencing no symptoms. However, when my symptoms go haywire, yes, it can be hard to breathe "24/7". However, once I take my rescue inhaler, the symptoms subside. If they gave you a rescue inhaler and it's not working, I'd definitely check with your doctor.
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Tags: