Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Off balance but walking normally?  (Read 435 times)

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Off balance but walking normally?
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:28 AM »
I feel off balance, lightheaded and weird :( this all started about 4 weeks ago when I messed up my medication, I had loads of weird symptoms and felt really ill. Well most of them have passed but I'm left with this off balance/dizzy lightheaded feeling. When I walk I feel like I'm all over the place but if I ask someone I'm walking fine. I'm so scared :,(
I have a doctors appointment next Monday but I'm really getting frightened about what this could be. Surely this can't still be the effect of me messing my medication! All this only started after I messed it up :(does anyone have any ideas please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Off balance but walking normally?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:50:20 PM »
All I can really offer is Migraine Assoc Vertigo and/or Mal de Debarquement syndrome (which doesnt have to ensue a motion experience unfortunately).  Both of these can come on after changes in meds etc.  my MAV came on years ago out of the blue, then later on I developed MdDS (likely because of the mav). My symptoms are similar. If you dont get a satisfactory answer next week, I recommend a neoro-otologist as they specialize in vestibular disorders. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »
Hopefully it's something that isn't serious. I always feel better at night strangely
Bookmark and Share

Online terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:58 AM »
i am the same exact way - during the day, i feel off and sort of dizzy [not horribly dizzy, but sort of....off balance, like walking on a boat that's in water] and at night? i am ready to start my......day, LOL

classic anxiety - nothing to worry about
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
I get that a lot. The dr says it's just vertigo and common in anxiety. I will be walking and have to stop and catch myself for a second because it feels like I'm about to fall over. One if my friends who saw me do this said I was walking perfectly fine.

Like you, I feel light headed, dizzy, and off balance nearly constantly now. I've adjusted to it, but it's still a most uncomfortable feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »
I get tingley feelings in my hands a lot too. Do you experience that? I feel better at the moment not sure how long that will last
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »
Yep.. All the time. My arms, hands, and lower legs. It feels very cardiac in nature but anxiety loves to mess with us. I also have good days and bad days.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
It's nice to know I'm not alone in this feeling. I don't know what's happened to my brain in the last few weeks but it's definitely half asleep.
Hopefully we will both feel better soon
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 05:24:23 PM »
It's odd how the body goes from being fine one minute, to a complete wreck the next. I didn't have problems with dizziness or other anxiety symptoms until I had my very first panic attack on 3/18/13. After that, it's like something broke in my brain. I had all sorts of tests ran, but nothing conclusive was found. I still struggle, and actually had a minor anxiety episode just driving to the bank an hour ago. I cancelled the rest of today's plans so I can rest and recharge. It's so frustrating, but it's what we have to endure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »
Its most likey your HA love..Im going thru it right now....your anxiety held onto that symptom and I feel off and dizzy alot too by trying a depression med and it made me dizzy and sick for two days...been with me ever since...docs can find nothing...realized its probably anxiety and some allergies related and it doesnt bother me anymore...well I dont panic over it anymore..
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »
I get that ALL the time!  That's when I start all my "brain tumor" checks and pass with flying colors!   I'll even stand on one leg and then think, "OK if I'm off balance, lightheaded, dizzy, etc I wouldn't be able to balance on one leg!"  That is such a weird feeling isn't it??  But like I said, that has been happening to me for YEARS.  (like around 15 years)  About 4 years ago I stopped going for walks because it would be really bad in "open space"!  It's not as bad since I got my new glasses!  (and it would be OK if I took a Xanax before my walk!) So I have no idea what it is - half anxiety, half my glasses. Do you wear glasses?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »
Haha, how do you do a brain tumor check? I feel off-balance quit frequently. Could be a combination of pregnancy, fibro and anxiety. I've done that, standing on one leg to see if I am truly off-balance.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
Haha, how do you do a brain tumor check? I feel off-balance quit frequently. Could be a combination of pregnancy, fibro and anxiety. I've done that, standing on one leg to see if I am truly off-balance.

My usual brain tumor checks:
A.  Stand with feet together, close your eyes and tilt your head back a little.  If you have a brain tumor you cannot do this, you will fall over
B.  Stand with arms out, close your eyes and then bring pointer finger of each hand to tip of nose.  Should be able to touch nose
C.  Walk heal to toe in a straight line (if you have an inner ear problem you may sway a bit or step out of line once or twice - but not bad)
Then I do the standing on one leg, then standing on one leg with my eyes closed.   That one doesn't always work on the first shot, but if I try a few times it's OK.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bonzlee

• Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • All is as its meant to be!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
Have you ever been checked for adrenal insufficiency? This can cause dizziness, numbness in hands and feel, out-of-sorts feeling and also, anxiety! And the more anxious you are, the worse the adrenal insufficiency gets. Sometimes it's called adrenal fatigue. I was diagnosed years ago and whenever I get dizzy I know I'm having a case of low adrenal function. The more I rest, the better I feel. Yet I feel worst in the morning. The doctor said it's because your blood sugar levels are effected too, and not eating while you sleep means you wake up with really low blood sugar, and that makes all the symptoms worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 02:33:39 AM »
Yikes sunlover, just did all those checks and I can do them though I do wobble standing on one leg with eyes closed. I'm going to doc Monday so will mention adrenal glands bonzlee thank you
I hope it's all anxiety I do feel better this morning but  not sure how long that'll last we will see!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: