Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 27 times)

Offline Loveisaduel

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone!
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:03:13 AM »
I don't really know where to start. I think I've always been an anxious person but it really started when I was around 17/18. I was under a lot of stress because I had a lot of exams and I was barely sleeping. (Bad choice on my part.) To me it feels like it happened out of nowhere, but it probably didn't. Anyway, I've been having good and bad moments ever since. I had no idea what was going on so I thought I was going crazy. Of course, I wasn't. I'm now 22 and I've seen two different therapists for a short period of time. The first one just let me talk and didn't say anything to me and the second one just told me I was fine after two appointments and that I didn't need to come back.

I wasn't ever officially diagnosed but I've had to deal with anxiety/depression because of it and probably OCD. I'm at a point right now where I'm seriously considering going to see a new therapist as I'm going through a very anxious period. (The "Am I going crazy?" Kind.) I've gone online to read about other people's experiences to make myself realize I'm not the only one going through this. It's just kind of getting crazy at the moment. I'll leave the house to go to the theater and I'll start getting anxious at the begging of the film and ask myself tons of questions that make NO sense whatsoever. And then I'll start wondering if this is normal etc...  I'm having some bad Depersonalization/derealization symptoms + non-stop intrusive thoughts and even if I tell myself it's normal, it doesn't lessen the anxiety. It's just a vicious cycle. It's been kind of bad since June especially. I've started the pill again after a while in July and I also wonder if that's making it worse or not. I don't know. I need to ask my doctor about this.

I probably forgot some things but I think I've already said a lot, Ahah. :)
Thanks for reading all of this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything