Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just got out of a crisis support facility  (Read 154 times)

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just got out of a crisis support facility
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:27:25 AM »
 >:( I'm VERY discouraged with myself for needing to go for a supportive stay at The Riverstone CSU-"Crisis Stabilization Unit". It's not like a psych ward/hospital or anything but it's still a 2-5 day residential stay away from home that I feel I should not need so soon after my last stay-8 weeks prior to this stay. I usually go 5-6 months between needing a break and going there!! I went because I just didn't feel like me and wanted to stop it BEFORE it turned into a downward spiral...I can NOT allow myself to get back to the horrible condition I was in 2 years ago...I simply won't allow it! It's just a place to get away from the stress of life temporarily so you can get yourself stable enough to continue your therapy at home. They don't change your meds or even have a Doctor. They just work with your regular treatment professionals if needed and give you a supportive, peaceful environment with 24-hour staff for counseling if you need or want to talk. The nice thing is that you don't have your cell phone to answer, people constantly knocking at your door or the need to ride the city bus. You can only have visitors for 2 hours per day so you've got a good excuse to have time to yourself. You CAN smoke there and they aren't constantly supervising either. I went to see my therapist while I was there and he helped to encourage me a lot, but I'm still extremely discouraged that coming off Methadone is still effecting my depression and anxiety. I'm really fed-up and angry with it!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just got out of a crisis support facility
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:15:21 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time with having gone for the supportive stay. It sounds like you've been through a lot and I know the back and forth process of healing from anxiety and depression can be very discouraging, and I imagine much more so with coming off the methadone too.

I don't know if you engage in mindfulness but it might be something that's beneficial for you. It's about accepting your current body state as is without judgement. Not denying your frustration, but also accepting it as something you are simply experiencing or passing through without blaming yourself or attaching other ideas to it.

Acknowledge that you were having a tough time coping. You went for support BEFORE life became unmanageable for you because your recovery is important to you. I think that's wonderful. Best of luck to you :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just got out of a crisis support facility
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
Thanks AncientMelody!! It helps to remember that it CAN just be a temporary state IF I simply notice it, acknowledge it and wisely (using the rational mind, not emotional) process it. It's MUCH easier to work through my little "detours" on my recovery road if I ask for a helpful break at The CSU and process it with the support staff. I only stayed 48 hours, but it was productive, encouraging AND it prevented me from going into a crisis. I do NOT have issues with self harm, but I CAN just totally cease to function and care for myself IF not caught early!! So glad I caught it early as switching down to Suboxone after tapering off Methadone does some very funky things to a person's mood and ability to manage stress.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: