Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: agoraphobia  (Read 240 times)

Offline inuyasha1luv

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
agoraphobia
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:07:34 PM »
I feel like a prisoner, I feel ashamed like im a burden on my family that I cant just get up and go to Walmart or walk to the little store right down the street. I want to scream and cry and curl into a bawl when my fiancé wants to go do something and I have to tell him I cant. infact I do cry a lot because of it. I feel so bad that I cant just do things that seem so little in my mind! like why the hell cant I go to Walmart or out of town or anything?? I don't understand it all. somedays im alright to go places others im just not.. and I don't know why or understand it at all. :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: agoraphobia
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 03:42:30 AM »
I hope you start to feel better, agoraphobia is a terrible Anxiety Disorder.

Make sure to chat with many of the supportive members  :yes:

You mentioned you are citalopram (celexa) 40 mg a day and you don't really know if it is helping.

Make sure you discuss this with your doctor, your doctor might need to change or adjust your medication.

We are all hoping for a quick recovery for you  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline vbx

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:54:43 AM »
We've all be there I'm sure.  I felt the exact same way you did.  Nothing was going on with my life.  It was stagnant. 

I was afraid to leave the house.  I was denied disability because was to scared to go to court for the hearing, or to see a psychiatrist so they could write up a report. etc etc.

One night I just got sick of it and prayed for help.  I then just forced myself to drive around the block.  Slowly forcing myself to drive further and further.

It just take baby steps and just facing my fears.  It's not easy.  It took me 5 years to overcome this.  Had a lot of help with CBT and health supplements that I took to get away from Xanax.

I believe Xanax was what made my agoraphobia worst.  Since I became so dependent on it.

You won't see me ride a roller coaster or flying a plane anytime soon.  But I can now get groceries with leaving the cart in a panic and rushing back to my car. (I did that twice). LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xjunkie4jesus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 05:06:39 AM »
I TOTALLY understand about feeling discouraged with yourself over not being able to do seemingly "normal" things others do without even thinking about it. It makes me feel very much like a burden to my fiance who has to go to the pharmacy and run all the errands for me! I am 29 and feel that he shouldn't have to have all that responsibility on his shoulders! I AM mostly able to go with him to get groceries at Wal-Mart but I can't go alone. WE MUST REMEMBER that it's a disorder BECAUSE there's usually no other reason for it other than a chemical imbalance or major trauma, both of which we don't choose and aren't at fault for-and we can't expect huge progress overnight. Just the fact that you're seeking support and advice on this site is a positive step toward progress! Be gentle with yourself and remember that "baby steps" of progress are STILL progress and it shows you're making an effort and working on doing what you need to do to slowly become more healthy. Loved ones should see that and be supportive just as you would be to them. If it's okay with you, I'll pray for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inuyasha1luv

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:44:26 AM »
thank you all so much for the encouraging replies yes please pray for me it has been such a tough month. I think its so hard for me not to be "better" right now because 13 months ago I was fine I had a job everything was good but as soon as I got pregnant with my second it all came crashing down on me again I have been battling ptsd ppocd and depression for 8 or nine years now I am 22. it just all feels so crazy! the derealization is what gets me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: