Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pregnant and constantly anxious  (Read 133 times)

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pregnant and constantly anxious
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:55:59 PM »
Hi all,

I am almost 20 weeks pregnant, and I've had anxiety for, oh, about 10 years? But this pregnancy, it is the worst it has ever been. I cannot function, cope, relax, anything at all. My HA is the worst part, but I constantly worry about everything - my baby, my husband, my neighbours, the future of our family, my mother, what people are thinking about me, the in-laws, literally everything. It's gotten so bad now that I think I am getting depressed where I am able to cry at the drop of a pin, waking up early in the morning, feeling fatigued, etc.

The number one issue for me right now is my bounding pulse that I can feel throughout my body, especially my head and neck. Apparently this is normal during pregnancy, but it is causing me severe anxiety. I also have serious brain tumor fears as I've had a headache 70% of the time for two months now, although admittedly it is not getting any worse with severity. My forehead, lower back of head and neck hurt pretty badly right now.

I just don't know what to do anymore. If I'm not worrying about something with me, I end up worrying about my unborn baby girl to the point where I start to shake and cannot concentrate.

I do have an appointment with a psychiatrist that specializes in pregnant woman this Thursday, so I'm grateful for that.

I guess why I am posting is because I'm fed up with people just telling me to snap out of it, or to relax for the baby's sake. I would if I could. I feel so guilty.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnant and constantly anxious
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:33:00 AM »
Ignore the idiots telling you to snap out of it. They don't have a clue what they are talking about. Understanding why you are so anxious will be key here. You might find that out come tomorrow. There has to be a reason why you anxiety levels has gone up. Not sure if you have any other kids. Or if this is the first one. If it is the first one that may simply be the reason why. Hormones all over the place. Worrying about the birth. Worrying about after the birth. As a male I have never been through such a thing. Bit of an obvious statement. I can only imagine the kind of thoughts going through your head right now. I would keep a journal. See can you find out what you are actually anxious about. What time of day the anxiety was worse. What was on your mind at the time. Then you might be able to work on fixing the situation. I am sure some of our female members might be able to help you a bit more. People who have gone through the same thing.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:33:44 PM »
Hi there, and thank you so much for your reply.

I almost forgot about this thread! Anyway, I saw the psychiatrist today and I have a new diagnoses, but one that fits me quite well, and that is OCD. I thought OCD was mostly about compulsive hand-washing but I'm wrong apparently.

My anxieties vary widely, and include my unborn child. They are not very rational, and are very intrusive and cause a lot of distress.

I was prescribed Anafranil but I'm being given conflicting information about taking it during pregnancy. I just want this nightmare to be over. :(

Again, thank you so much for your reply!

Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline scaredmomma

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:33:52 PM »
I am the mom of a 7 month old and dealt with the exact issues you described.  I will tell you that hormones are a reason for all this.   My hormones from having the baby are finally just starting to regulate (regular periods, etc).  My suggestion - that has helped me - is no sugar, no caffeine, lots of veggies, lots of water.  Once your hormones regulate, it will not be so bad.  Please speak with your OB about this.  There are natural methods that can help you during this time.  Your doctor can also assist if things get worse after baby.  They did for me.  Congratulations on your baby...so wonderful!
Bookmark and Share
one day at a time....

Tags: