Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Night panic? What the hell is this?  (Read 149 times)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Night panic? What the hell is this?
« on: August 25, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
So I have been doing better with my anxiety lately. I think the memory of beating anxiety once before is helping me. However, tonight and last night strange things happened. Last night for example I fell asleep and woke up feeling panicked, like my heart was beating too fast. I managed to convince myself it was only a panic attack and to calm down.

Tonight however was absolutely terrifying. I was asleep barely an hour when suddenly I woke up. I leapt from the bed in sheer terror. I have never felt fear like this before. My heart was pounding in my ears and I just felt like my chest could no longer inhale. I was hyperventilating, I could feel how short the gasps were coming in. I rushed to put on some pants to go get help. But I had time to put on the pants. I started to call down again and the chest pain and suffocation before, turned into burps and has now. So after doing 2 large burps I feel ok again now except for the fear.

Just wonderin if anyone has experienced this before? So I know it's not an underlying actual issue.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Night panic? What the hell is this?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:24:48 PM »
Hi,

Are you currently on medications?

If you continue to have this, it is very likely you are having "Nocturnal Panic Attacks"

I used to have these:

My night time Panic Attacks were about every 3 days, so mine were quite severe,  my Psychiatrist finally diagnosed the problem as "Nocturnal Panic Attacks".

My Psychiatrist diagnosed the problem as "Nocturnal Panic Attacks". - made sure to put me on a benzodiazepine right away,  to protect me against any future panic attacks caused by my Panic Disorder - after  being on this med just a couple of days - I never had another panic attacks at night ;D 

Not, only that, but my normal daytime panic attacks also decreased quickly.   :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline fordaisy

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:17:46 PM »
Yes raaawr one of these actually put me in the ER. I still get them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 03:55:17 AM »
Hi,

Are you currently on medications?

If you continue to have this, it is very likely you are having "Nocturnal Panic Attacks"

I used to have these:

My night time Panic Attacks were about every 3 days, so mine were quite severe,  my Psychiatrist finally diagnosed the problem as "Nocturnal Panic Attacks".

My Psychiatrist diagnosed the problem as "Nocturnal Panic Attacks". - made sure to put me on a benzodiazepine right away,  to protect me against any future panic attacks caused by my Panic Disorder - after  being on this med just a couple of days - I never had another panic attacks at night ;D 

Not, only that, but my normal daytime panic attacks also decreased quickly.   :action-smiley-065:

Ha well that's just not fair. Daytime ones stop so now they come at night whn I am asleep? Bah!

No not on medication. Don't want to start any. I wonder is it related to a decrease in daytime anxiety.  Has to get out somehow right? I'll see how it goes over next few days.
Bookmark and Share
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:40 AM »
Yes raaawr one of these actually put me in the ER. I still get them.

I can see why. Don't think ive ever been so afraid.  Of course just seemed so sudden when you're woken by it and it was nothing like being woken up by a nightmare.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: