Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How do I accept this.......  (Read 144 times)

Offline dee_tee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do I accept this.......
« on: August 25, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
Hi guys,

So once again I've returned from the doctor after having more bloodwork done (I've been nauseous, dizzy, shaky, clammy, etc) and all the results came back fine. This poor doctor is so frustrated with me I think. He just said "physiologically, there is nothing wrong with you. You are healthy. This is stress".

How do I accept this is anxiety. These feelings are so real and happen all the time when I'm at home, or in class. I'll just be sitting there and get very dizzy, nauseous, sweaty, etc. I feel like I will pass out. It happens all the time. I can't stop thinking that there is something seriously wrong.

I don't know how to accept it......
Bookmark and Share

Online fordaisy

• Poke This Member
Re: How do I accept this.......
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »
Must be stress because all the tests came back ok. Maybe in time the symptoms will disappear. Dehydration cane make you dizzy. Maybe drink more fluid.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
I've been feeling like this recently. Dizzy and just like poo! Not clammy though. It's mainly all day I feel like this. It started after a Horrendous bout of anxiety and it hit me. It's awful. I have had so many blood tests a few weeks back and they all came back clear. I'm seeing my doctor again in a week
I hope you feel better soon
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »
Hi guys,

So once again I've returned from the doctor after having more bloodwork done (I've been nauseous, dizzy, shaky, clammy, etc) and all the results came back fine. This poor doctor is so frustrated with me I think. He just said "physiologically, there is nothing wrong with you. You are healthy. This is stress".

How do I accept this is anxiety. These feelings are so real and happen all the time when I'm at home, or in class. I'll just be sitting there and get very dizzy, nauseous, sweaty, etc. I feel like I will pass out. It happens all the time. I can't stop thinking that there is something seriously wrong.

I don't know how to accept it......

why do you think the sensations aren't real?  I mean who says anxiety/stress symptoms are not real?  They are real, they just are not from an organic disease.  They are coming from an anxious mindset.  Anxiety causes REAL symptoms.  Anxiety amps up a nervous system.  Once the nervous system is on high alert, the body reacts.   NOTHING you posted above is inconsistent with the physical manifestations of stress.

Anxiety/Stress affect a body physically.  I have an ACTUAL eye ailment called Central Serous Retinopathy.  it comes from excess adrenaline.  This is an actual diagnosable eye disease caused by stress.   IBS can be brought on by stress/anxiety.  High blood pressure can be brought on by anxiety/stress.  GERD/Reflux can be brought on by stress/anxiety.  Hives and rashes can occur from anxiety/stress.  Headaches/Migraines can be brought on by stress/anxiety.  Nausea/Vomiting can be brought on by anxiety/stress.   If you click my username, read the third link on my profile.  it has a looooong list of symptoms brought on by anxiety/stress.   Have you heard of somatoform/conversion disorder?  this is a SEVERE psychological disorder in which the sufferer can show real signs of pregnancy.  they can develop psychogenic non-epileptic seizures, or blindness or exhibit strange neuro symptoms.  The list goes on and on.

You say you don't know how to accept.......

whether you accept it or not doesn't change whether you have anxiety.  What acceptance does is allow you to start healing.

How do you accept?  a simplistic answer is:   you take the leap of faith.   Then develop a plan on how to calm your mind and body.

on the links on my profile page I talk about how I got better.   Will that work for you, IDK....   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I can attest to the fact that our minds are quite powerful. Having faced very serious health issues the last 7 years, I can tell you that attitude was 80%+ in dealing with it.

When medical science rules out a physical reason, it leaves only one thing. While I don't suffer with anxiety or HA, I have loved ones who do and I personally deal with some "scanxiety" due to recently having cancer. I get a bit stressed at check up time as you might imagine. I've experienced stress related chest pain and irritability as well as some other physical ramifications of stress.

Take a look at this http://www.anxietyzone.com/symptoms/symptoms.html  The physical symptoms anxiety causes are real. You're not imagining it, it's just not sinister. The best way to alleviate the physical symptoms is to address the real problem... anxiety. Acceptance is key in taking the first steps toward healing. Therapy, CBT, meds or a combination may prove useful in getting better.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline dee_tee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 05:56:31 PM »
Thanks for the perspective six-pack - I guess I just am so tired of everyone saying "you're fine. it's nothing", because they are very physical symptoms. I need to learn calming techniques. The nausea, shakiness, sweating all come on so so fast and it's hard to control.

Thanks fishmanpa.....so sorry to hear about your cancer. That has to have been so stressful. It's crazy how fast stress can manifest into physical symptoms. I get chest pain a lot too! It's just scary when you google your symptoms and see really scary diseases.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: