Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hard for me to talk...  (Read 183 times)

Offline creative ineptitude

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Angry
    Angry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hard for me to talk...
« on: August 25, 2014, 02:09:39 PM »
I seen on another forum a post by a member that had problems talking to people especially strangers. They posted about it and asked other members to post questions that the topic starter would answer truthfully. So I thought maybe that could work for me. So here it is, post your questions about anything and I will answer truthfully. And by anything, I mean ask anything. You do not even need to check this post for my answer but it is fine if you do. And you can ask more than one question, just don't put more than a couple in a single post. Well lets see how this works, have at it people.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hard for me to talk...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:36:34 AM »
Well you can begin by telling us exactly what brought you here. About your condition and how it effects and what kind of help you get at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Angry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »
Well you can begin by telling us exactly what brought you here. About your condition and how it effects and what kind of help you get at the moment.

I am trying to find someone or somewhere that might be able to help me, I've been coming up blank so far.

Over the past several years I have been diagnosed with several different things. It all started with IBS (actually a doctor told me he was sure I had it but I have not been officially tested for it) a bunch of years ago. Then came acid reflux a handful of years ago. Then when I was trying to be healthier and go to the gym and all that I was diagnosed with low testosterone. My doctor also thought the low testosterone might be causing anxiety and depression. If I am honest I have had some form of depression or anxiety most of my life. I was always uncomfortable around people especially larger groups. Meeting new people and going places made me apprehensive. Now especially that I am unemployed I can barely leave my apartment, which makes the job hunting nearly impossible. I even was offered a job that I partly scared myself out of.

After the testosterone diagnoses I tried seeing a couple of counselors (I guess that is what they are called). There was problems with seeing them, the first I seen really didn't seem like she would work out for me. Plus it felt like another job going to see her because the only night she had hours I could just make it to her in time so I was rushed to get there. The second place I went they had me first see a psychologist and he prescribed some pills then I went to see the counselor (I really don't think that is what they are called). Well the pills made me miss work for three days thanks to the migraine headache they gave me. Then after the second time seeing the counselor I was called and told she had left or was let go from the group she was a part of. That was a few years ago and I have not been able to get myself to find another facility or afford to go to another facility. Now that I am unemployed I have no chance at finding a facility.
Bookmark and Share

Angry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 01:03:18 AM »
Hi Creative,

At the simplest level, it looks like you might be dealing with shyness or social anxiety if you have trouble talking to strangers.
So I will play.

1.  Tell me what is your favorite movie, book, TV or song -- and why.

2.  Was there a time when you were ok talking to people?  If so, when did the difficulty start?  How do you feel about talking to people you know?

3.  What was the last meal you ate?
Bookmark and Share

Angry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 08:00:19 AM »
Hi Creative,

At the simplest level, it looks like you might be dealing with shyness or social anxiety if you have trouble talking to strangers.
So I will play.

1.  Tell me what is your favorite movie, book, TV or song -- and why.

To be honest I really don't have favorites so to speak. For movies I like sci-fi, comedy, super hero, action and although I really won't say this in real life I like romantic comedies. I will say currently the newest run of super hero movies have been unbelievable, Avengers, Guardians of The Galaxy, etc.

Books I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy I also would like to start reading some other subjects like biographies and the classics like Jane Eyre (I am atrocious at spelling), I have a favorite author Dan Abnett I can get lost in his books and he makes you feel like you are in the middle of all the action, I have actually gotten so mad at a book he wrote I threw it, he almost brought me to tears and I have cheered out loud several times reading his books. Of all the forms of entertainment I think books are my favorite. I probably can read any book as long as I am drawn in, I like being lost in the words and worlds in books.

TV again just like movies I like a lot of different genres. I have given up on really liking certain shows. It seems every time I really really like a show it either gets cancelled or only gets a few seasons at most. Can't have any more good shows get cancelled on me. I hate my luck.

Songs, I mostly listen to heave metal, with a few dance/ club style songs thrown in for good measure. I can give favorite songs though, Suicidal Tendencies - How can I laugh tomorrow when I can't even smile today and Trip at the Brain. ST has gotten me through a lot of days and nights when I was younger. There have been different bands that have done the same thing for me through out my life, ST and a band Life of Agony have always been there when I needed them.

2.  Was there a time when you were ok talking to people?  If so, when did the difficulty start?  How do you feel about talking to people you know?

I have never really been comfortable with talking to people, other than those I know. A current friend likes to mention I did not like him when I first met and 13+ years later we are best friends, although with how few of friends I have we are all best friends. I just don't like people, most are rude, obnoxious, selfish, dumb and a number of other different things that it is hard to get past it all.

3.  What was the last meal you ate?

I technically am eating my lastest meal, Golden Grahams from the box. Last night we ordered from a local pizza place and I got chicken fingers and fries.
Bookmark and Share

Angry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:50:30 AM »
Bookmark and Share

Tags: