Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My big toe is numb!  (Read 133 times)

Offline Scaredandworried

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My big toe is numb!
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:56 AM »
So I went clubbing on Saturday night for about 7 and a half hours straight and when I got home I couldn't hear properly, but that's gone away now. Although recently, I've noticed that my big toe on my left foot has become numb! I've tried wriggling it, rubbing it etc to "wake it up" but nothing working. I'm so scared, I'm not sure how this happened! I was thinking it had to do with clubbing, it was my first time and I was dancing and wearing dress shoes I hardly wear, but if that were the case wouldn't both toes be numb?

I'm scared this is a case of some kind of nerve disease or perhaps diabetes which I've had scares about in the past due to me being overweight??

Please help! It's been nearly 3 days :( should I see a doctor or will they think I'm crazy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My big toe is numb!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
Your feet aren't exactly the same, so your shoes won't fit each foot exactly the same.  I know people whose feet are entirely different shoe sizes, actually. 

I lost feeling in one of my little toes nearly permanently for the duration of having to wear awful school shoes; I kept having nerve pain in it until pretty recently and I've been out of that school uniform since the 90s! 

Anyway, 7 and a half hours dancing in uncomfortable shoes is your cause.  Relax - and get some sneakers for next time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Needsomepeace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »
I went clubbing and lost the feeling in baby toe and big toe for a couple of weeks. It eventually came back, dont worry
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 30
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:31:13 PM »
I have a pair of shoes that cuts too tight across the top of my left foot after walking in them all day. A few months ago, I realized the top of my left big toe and the second toe were totally numb. I went to my GP and he was totally unconcerned - said I impinged a nerve, that it should get better and I should come back in in a couple of months. I was just about to schedule the follow-up when I realized the feeling has started to come back.

You went clubbing and your shoes impinged a nerve and made your toe numb. The feeling will come back, but it can take some time - nerves take a lot of time to grow back.

(Btw - the hearing loss after going to a club or concert is universal - it happens to everyone. In the future, I know it sounds dorky, but consider wearing earplugs. You don't want to wind up with hearing aids when you're 50.)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: