Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Permanently Exhausted! Can't Even Function!  (Read 284 times)

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Permanently Exhausted! Can't Even Function!
« on: August 24, 2014, 08:06:12 PM »
Hey everyone,

So I'm really really distraught right now. I just don't know what to do. I'm so exhuasted and feeling so weak that I can barely function. I'm fighting the urge to lay down and sleep all day long (this has been going on for about 3 weeks but progressively getting worse) it's now at the point where my eyes can barely stay open and I only have enough energy to be up for a couple hours a day. I feel so weak that even doing simple tasks like opening a water bottle lid is too exerting. I don't know what to do. Today I've been so exhausted my chest has been hurting because my muscles are just so weak. It even feels as if I'm too tired to breathe. I'm really scared that something is wrong me with because if all this and I've never ever felt like this in my life. I did a bit of research and I keep coming back with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which I'm not entirely sure is realistic because I don't know much about this condition or if it come on abruptly like this. I've recently had a bunch of
blood work done and everything came back normal.

Does anyone have any advice?
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Permanently Exhausted! Can't Even Function!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:07:14 PM »
Deep breathing, stretching and trying to relax can help. Find something you enjoy to keep your mind off stress. Maybe then you'll start to charge your batteries
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:36:43 PM »
Hi Britt,

With all those panic and anxiety attacks I am not surprised, they zap all the energy out of you.  Also, if you are taking the beta-blocker your dr. prescribed you.  Fatigue is the number #1 side effect - because it actually helps slow your heart rate down.  (and I found out myself - my energy levels  ::)   )

I noticed medications in general cause fatigue, since I am also on blood pressure medication, there are times I have a hard time keep up at work - because I get so tired  ::)  My doctor, discouraged me from coffee, because of my anxiety but highly recommended B-12 supplements to counter my blood pressure medication, and my other meds - Prozac and Diazepam.

The only thing that safely and reliably works for me that is safe, is B-12 caps 1-3 times per day. 

B-12 deficiency has been well researched, and because it is a natural supplement - you can notice the results very quickly.

Recognizing a B12 deficiency

Vitamin B12 deficiency can be slow to develop, causing symptoms to appear gradually and intensify over time.

It can also come on relatively quickly. Given the array of symptoms it can cause, the condition can be overlooked or confused with something else. Symptoms may include:

-  strange sensations, numbness, or tingling in the hands, legs, or feet
-  difficulty walking (staggering, balance problems)
-  anemia
-  a swollen, inflamed tongue
-  yellowed skin (jaundice)
-  difficulty thinking and reasoning (cognitive difficulties), or memory loss
-  paranoia or hallucinations
-  weakness
-  fatigue

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/vitamin-b12-deficiency-can-be-sneaky-harmful-201301105780

The B12 I found very useful when I am fatigued by stress and anxiety, It increases my energy WITHOUT increasing my anxiety (as caffeine would).  In addition to being vital to your health,  most people have B-12 deficiencies, how many milligrams and what type does make a difference to my energy level.

The best ones, that will act quickly are B-12 in the form of Methylcobalamin (used in sublingual formulas) vs.  Cyanocobalamin  (most common form found at Walmart and Walgreens) – for me they both work for my energy level, but the Methylcobalamin - I feel the benefits more quickly.

Let us know if the B-12 helps - Sometimes, I will take a larger dose and more frequent if I am really tired....

You can DO IT !!! We are cheering for you !!!  :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline amberkaye

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 10:43:07 PM »
I can completely relate to your post. I have been feeling the same way for the past couple days. But unlike you this has happened to me before. I broke this cycle after my doctor adjusted my medications and added a few more therapy sessions into my usual routine. It is not easy to motivate yourself to approach the problem at first, but once you take that first step it becomes a bit easier. It is completely exhausting, I agree. It is insane how much mental illnesses can affect the physical fuctions of the body.

Best luck you,
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
Thank you all for your responses.

Rafael, I just personal messaged you!

UPDATE: I woke up in the middle of the night feeling as if I was suffocating, had sharp chest pain and my throat feels like sandpaper combined with the feeling of being set on fire. I'm losing it.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Do you take any Benzos or sleep pills before bed?  Tiredness, waking up at night, and sore throat are signs of sleep apnea.
Bookmark and Share

Offline brittanyborg

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 11:16:12 AM »
Do you take any Benzos or sleep pills before bed?  Tiredness, waking up at night, and sore throat are signs of sleep apnea.

I really don't think I have sleep apnea.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 05:13:06 PM »
Hi Brittany,

When is your school starting?

It sounds like you are running a bad cold or flu...  which with anxiety will drain you....

We need to get you well and healthy - get out of this funk - so you can move on with your life  :yes:

PM me, and I am always available to chat.... :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Hypokondriak

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
mental exhaustion. You probably think too much instead of relax. Ever try a cold shower? Cold showers are said to wake you up and give you mental alertness. Warm shows relax you. So, in the morning if you take a cool shower to wake up and in the evening take a warm one to chill out....see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
I think when we can't find solace in our sleep, we're at our wits end. You're physically and mentally drained. You have to find a way to de-stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 07:54:07 PM »
When they ran bloodwork, did they test your thyroid?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: