Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Labor!  (Read 132 times)

Offline lscotty1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Labor!
« on: August 24, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »
So, I am convinced that I ms, and have heard that people with ms should not have epidurals! Omg!!!what am I going to do? Anybody share their epidural experiences. Please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
Re: Labor!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
Why are you convinced you have MS?  Have you been diagnosed?  You can certainly mention your fear to your OBGYN, but I suspect he/she will tell you not to worry. (And you shouldn't.) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline lscotty1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
No, I have not, but I am really freaking out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
Why are you freaking out about the effects of an epidural on MS patients when you don't have MS? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:11:37 PM »
Why are you freaking out about the effects of an epidural on MS patients when you don't have MS?

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

just because your anxious thinking tells you that you have MS, doesn't mean (and actually I'd bet money against it) you have it.   Your anxious thinking is making some outrageous suggestions.  why are you listening to the liar?

btw I have 6 kids.  5 are home grown.  Of course, each birth was special and memorable, but, honestly, I preferred  non-epidural births.  I had two of those.  Actually with as many kids as I have, I experienced just about all "types" of births  :winking0008:   Giving birth was one of the most beautiful and life affirming things that I have ever had the privilege of doing.  the power of the female body!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline lscotty1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:12 AM »
Idk, because I am crazy. But you guys are right. I also read that you can have an epidural either way. My sister has 5 kids and delivered two naturally. I would much prefer that as the epi still freaks me out. I just don't think I could go through it. I am just scared of my symptoms getting worse after birth, I will read all kinds of things into that.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: