Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trouble swallowing in ONE part of my throat. Stupid MS fears  (Read 160 times)

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trouble swallowing in ONE part of my throat. Stupid MS fears
« on: August 23, 2014, 01:18:08 AM »
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or a talking to depending  on what they think.

I have noticed over the past few months that I've been having some minor trouble swallowing.

Nothing too major. But there seems to be a spot on the left side of my throat where things such as crackers, biscuits and nuts etc get stuck when I try to swallow them. It's always in this spot that feels like it's about the size of a pea 

I go through phases where I believe I really do have MS and phases where I believe I'm completely fine. I know difficulty swallowing is an MS symptom and have been trying to ignore that this is happening in the hope it would stop by itself.

This throat thing has been bothering me because it seems pretty consistent and food ONLY get stuck there.

Does anyone think this sounds like it could be something to worry about?

Or is my brain inventing reasons to upset me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fordaisy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trouble swallowing in ONE part of my throat. Stupid MS fears
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 02:29:46 AM »
anxiety will do that
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anonymous panic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 02:54:52 AM »
This also happens to me. Especially if I'm anxious.  Every couple of days I will be trying  to swallow my own spit but won't be able to swallow properly for whatever reason. I just wait a few seconds, swallow again, and everything goes smoothly. As far as I know, I don't have MS :)

There is also a place in my mouth but near my throat where food like chips tend to get stuck. Short of rinsing my mouth, nothing can get it out. This has been happening my whole life so it has to be benign.

Also, people with MS usually present multiple symptoms which are somewhat severe. If that is the only thing that happens, and it's been months, I think you're fine! Even if you did have other symptoms, a lot of them are shared with anxiety/stress and can be harmless body quirks :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »
Thanks anonymous

That's helps :) as I said. I try to forget about it, but then am reminded every time I eat something crunchy. And I still have that tiny grain of doubt.

It helps knowing someone else has the same sort of problem. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: