Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Cymbalta?  (Read 145 times)

Offline Colie2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cymbalta?
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »
I took zoloft for 5 years, but have been off meds for 3.5 years now. Dr. Prescribed cymbalta bc he says my symptoms are from anxiety (tingling, twitching, numbness, electric shock feeling). I dont want to take zoloft bc that med caused twitching before it was a problem, and I don't want to make the twitching worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cymbalta?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »
I took zoloft for 5 years, but have been off meds for 3.5 years now. Dr. Prescribed cymbalta bc he says my symptoms are from anxiety (tingling, twitching, numbness, electric shock feeling). I dont want to take zoloft bc that med caused twitching before it was a problem, and I don't want to make the twitching worse.

No antidepressant is intrinsically better than any other, either generally, or for a particular disorder, however, one or two may be for an individual. Unfortunately, the only way to know whether Cymbalta will work for you is to try it. The only significant problem with it is that being a slow-release formulation quitting is a little more complicated than discontinuing a conventional immediate-release med.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: