Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really worried about kidney failure  (Read 144 times)

Online Iradiri

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Really worried about kidney failure
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:37:58 PM »
So, the other day, I put my height and weight into a BMI calculator. I've always been naturally very skinny, and the BMI charts always say I'm underweight. I had lost about 4 pounds, though, so I was curious. The BMI calculator put me at 14.6. So, I went and googled "bmi 14.6", and I came across the standard ***** Answers questions where people were saying that it was extremely dangerous and the questioner was going to die. One thing stuck out to me, though - people were saying that your kidneys can spontaneously fail when you're underweight. I looked up "kidney failure", and I didn't have any of the symptoms. I forgot about it for a few days, since I was preoccupied thinking I had toxic shock syndrome or a brain bleed.

Now, though, I'm extremely worried. I've felt nauseated every day when I wake up. I haven't had much appetite. I read that nausea/vomiting and no appetite are symptoms of kidney failure. I also feel dizzy and foggy off and on - but both of these are anxiety symptoms for me. I've felt a bit down and lethargic for a couple of days. My main worries are that I keep getting a weird taste in my mouth. It tastes kind of bitter, and like ammonia. Now, it could just be all the hand sanitizer I use (a family member has been sick) making its way into my mouth. But, I read that an odd taste in the mouth is another symptom of kidney failure. I also urinated a while ago, and it was orange. That could be because I drank two cups of coffee and nothing else since yesterday afternoon...or it could be my kidneys shutting down.

Could I have kidney failure? I'm also 18 and female, if it makes a difference. I'm seriously freaking out about this. I'm shaking and I had a panic attack a while ago. I'm really worried that I'm going to die a painful death from my organs shutting down.
Bookmark and Share

Online Iradiri

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really worried about kidney failure
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
OK, I'm more scared now. I read the symptoms again and I read that restlessness/anxiety and fast heart rate are symptoms. I've had both those things. OMG.

What if I swallowed some hand sanitizer? Like, not all at once, but just tiny amounts on my hands that got in my mouth...or absorbed it through my skin. Could that make my kidneys fail?

I don't want to die, or be in the hospital on dialysis. I'm starting college in a few days and I was so excited...
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really worried about kidney failure
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 09:49:14 PM »
I can assure you based on your post that you'll still be starting college in a few days. Enjoy it!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Tags: