Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sertraline  (Read 201 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sertraline
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »
I spoke with my dr regarding my meds and how i am feeling he told me to up to 50mg. I have been feeling very weird mentally still depressed hopeless and just not myself. I keep thinking things will never get better i will never laugh or enjoy life again. Still have weird head feelings. My anxiety isnt as bad but its still there. My head still feels weird alot of the time. I feel just no emotions most times. Is this all normal? Should i up the dose?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sertraline
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »
My head still feels weird alot of the time. I feel just no emotions most times. Is this all normal? Should i up the dose?

As per previous posts, 50mg is usually the minimum effective dose. If you don't increase it to at least that much then there is no point in taking the med. You may need to take 100-150mg for good results. Most of the things you're experiencing are as likely to be from anxiety as the med.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
Yeah but almost increased depression mentally disconnected to everything? Like if the world ended i wouldnt care at all? Is that normal at all?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 09:33:36 PM »
Yeah but almost increased depression mentally disconnected to everything? Like if the world ended i wouldnt care at all? Is that normal at all?

It can be. It probably won't get any better if you remain on an ineffective dose.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 07:17:19 AM »
Hey, just catching up with you Nala. Just wanted to say that when I got to 50mg before on sertraline I felt worlds better. You will catch yourself slowly enjoying yourself a bit more. Feeling a little but more positive and then it will just get better and better! So keep at it.

I am still feeling disconnected and weird with my celexa too and it hasn't kicked on for me yet but I'm sure it will. Just dropping some solidarity for you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »
I really hope so. Its been months since ive felt good and normal and have actually lived life. Today im shaky and feel the anxiety in my body still. I do have klonopin so it does help. I really hope this stuff works for me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: