Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this anxiety, or ALS?  (Read 181 times)

Offline Saintsboy701

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this anxiety, or ALS?
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
4 days ago, i starter to feel tingling in my legs and arms. My legs and arms felt numb and my legs and arms was twitching but I still can lift thing. I started to experiencing headaches, chest pain, and neck pain. I felt like I couldn't rest. Another bit of information, my mother died about 2 months ago as well
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this anxiety, or ALS?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 04:07:03 AM »
Anxiety. ALS has been in the headlines a lot, so people with hypochondria get more nervous about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline never quit

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »
Ditto on that. My dad died from ALS. First thing to go was loss of coordination, he couldn't swing a hammer any more. Just don't go there, it's an extremely rare disease. My anxiety started when my mom died. I've had all those symptoms and more. Anxiety is neurological, so anyone with anxiety will at one time or another think they have some neurological disease. Stop googling, that will help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 59Ballons

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Last night I woke up from a very light sleep, but it was like I was still dreaming. I had only been asleep for a half hour. I went to the bathroom and I noticed that My whole body was shaking.. Like vibrating, like the floor was moving beneath me. It was really scary, but I have experience from the past that if I obsess over a symptom, it just gets worse.

So I calmed down, and went back to sleep, and now everything is fine.
Bookmark and Share
Distraction is life's best remedy.

Tags: