Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help bat rabies fear  (Read 141 times)

Offline mindhop

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help bat rabies fear
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:45 AM »
Hi,
I am freaking out.... I am camping in Europe and I was under the eve old barn and I heard a noise so i automatically looked up. It was drizzling rain so when I looked up i got moisture in my eyes,, but I believe the noise to be a bat and now I am petrified that i might get rabies. I dont know if this is crazy.... I am in a foreign country, i dont speak the language and I am 5 hours from a big city. I spoke to my parents they think it is my mind playing tricks.... I hope they are right.. I dont know if i should resist  this thought or act on it... HELP I am besides myself and so fed up. I have been scared of rabies for years and it consumes my thoughts daily... so i am worrying that I made this happen. Any thoughts are welcomed, I think.... thank you
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help bat rabies fear
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
I have never heard of anyone getting rabies unless they were bitten by an animal with rabies.

I highly doubt that there is any way of getting rabies like you explained it is your scary thinking making you believe that it is possible but those are only thoughts nothing more and your anxiety disorder.

Even if there were bats there you weren't bitten and you also didn't actually see any and even if you had been bitten which you weren't doesn't mean the bat had rabies.

Try and enjoy yourself and don't stress over something that didn't happen okay.
Peace
Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline mindhop

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »
Thanks for that. You have no idea how much i needed to hear from another human who understands. I am feeling so very alone right now. The line between sane and crazy feels very blurry right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »
If you have a longstanding fear of rabies, then yes, this is your mind playing cruel tricks. There's no chance that was a rabid bat that spit on you. None.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nikkipryde

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
A few months ago I was bitten by an animal and fell horribly ill halfway through my rabies vaccinations. I had to be hospitalized and tested for rabies, it turned out to be a false alarm, a nasty cold mixed with my anxiety plus a bad reaction to the vaccines, everything is okay now...I'm telling you this because during that time my doctor and I talked to MANY virologists that specialize in rabies, and also had many conversations with the CDC...I know A LOT about rabies and I really, truly believe that you are safe.  :action-smiley-065:

:) I hope you are able to relax, but as someone with a long-standing fear of rabies, I know that can be difficult.
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »
Nikipryde

Why don't you share what you learned talking to the virologists and CDC it just may help those of us who do have this fear. I had the shots 12 years ago and for some reason yes I reacted to them but from time to time I still freak out at the thought of possible exposure. ***** Mindhop what you probably got was just some rain in your eye and perhaps the sound you heard were from leaves or a bird up in the eaves since bats are out hunting for food at night.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: