Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Absolutely convinced I have an aneurysm/brainn hemorrhage  (Read 155 times)

Offline Anonymous panic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Absolutely convinced I have an aneurysm/brainn hemorrhage
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:32:41 AM »
Hey everyone, new poster here.

I've had a pretty severe health anxiety disorder for the past couple of years. It's always over a physical symptom or group of physical symptoms that could be some deadly illness.

About 3 weeks ago, I was with a friend and we got pretty drunk. I came home and wasn't able to sleep, so I stayed up while browsing the Internet waiting to sober up. While I was sobering up, I noticed I was really dizzy. I also had a concurrent headache. This caused me to have a panic attack since I thought I damaged my brain somehow or the blood thinning effects of alcohol cause a brain hemorrhage.

A couple days later, I found out an extremely close family member of mine passed away at a very young age. I went into shock and still am in shock so my memory for the past few weeks have been a blur. This becomes relevant soon.

A week and a half ago, a family member I live with got a very bad cold but left the house a week ago. About 4 days ago I got what I assumed was a tension headache while studying for the SAT after a long summer of doing essentially nothing. A day later, I started having cold symptoms. The next day, the back of my head would hurt intensely for a second if I moved it or body too quickly. I went to a doctor for this who never said it was a deadly brain problem, but she did very basic tests and she never said it *wasn't* a deadly brain problem. Yesterday I began to experience intense dizziness - the same kind you feel when you're drunk. It is the same dizziness I had while sobering up. It is still occurring today, but now I am having strange sensations every so often in various parts of my body. Sometimes I feel like there is pressure in my head, sometimes my face gets hot, sometimes I get weird pains in my head. Thinking back, I remember having the dizziness occur a lot ever since that first time I got it while sobering up. I, however, don't completely remember because my memory has been a blur.

For the past few days, I've been thinking, what if the alcohol triggered/caused an aneurysm, stroke, or hemorrhage? What if the cold symptoms were symptoms of a brain problem? And those weird head pains, pressures, and dizziness? And wouldn't the fact that these symptoms are getting more intense over time mean I'm coming closer to my death? What if my blurred memory is not trauma but instead a symptom of a brain problem?

I have been in a constant state of panic for the past few days and have not slept in around 18 hours. I want to go to a doctor and get a CT Scan or MRI but I'm only 15 and don't want to have to admit to drinking.

I'm beginning to feel slightly numb in my left arm/hand. I am very worried. Can someone please tell me if I'm just being anxious or if I should call an ambulance now. Thank you so much.

Could it just be a side effect of my state of shock? I'm mostly unable to bring my mind to the death of my family member and when I do, my mind is unable to understand/process it. I still feel as though they'll come back soon even though I know better. Is this my brain trying to respond to trauma? Could that be why my panic disorder is so exacerbated right now?
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Absolutely convinced I have an aneurysm/brainn hemorrhage
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »
You wouldn't be able to type here in any intelligent fashion or even type at all or even be able to type because you'd be in ICU if that happened to you. Sounds like cold symptoms and possibly a hangover. BTW. Drinking and anxiety don't mix.

Just as an aside.... When I was a kid, I was absolutely convinced I could fly with cardboard wings I made. I found out differently as I laid on the ground 8 feet below the wall I jumped off trying to catch my breath!

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
Yea trust me. If you had a brain bleed you would a. be dead already that day if it wasnt treated or b. would experience the most intense headache of your life you would either faint or call 911 on the spot.

You are good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anonymous panic

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »
Thank you guys so much! After reading your replies, I was able to think rationally and ruled out any deadly brain problems. A few minutes later, I started to relax and my dizziness/strange feelings/pressure have all been reduced 99%. I also learned from this never to get drunk again unless I'm ready for a full on panic attack. Again, you're both wonderful people, and I'm very grateful for your replies, more so than I can express with this post!

:)

Also for anyone who stumbles across this thread because they are experiencing similar symptoms (via Google or while browsing), don't worry, you're fine, the symptoms will get better if you are able to calm yourself down :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: