Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor/aneurysm fears  (Read 394 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor/aneurysm fears
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »
I've been having so much dp/dr recently and it barely lets up. I can't sleep very well and it seems like nothing gives me relief very long. Maybe a minute or two and then I'm back in my scary mindset.

I keep having headaches on the right side of my head that make it feel heavy and near the base of my neck. Sometimes when I have a headache on the side of my head it makes one side of my face feel heavier than the other if that makes sense??

I don't wake up with headaches and I haven't thrown up or anything but I'm still worried that there's something wrong and I'm just passing it off as anxiety.

I've had a CT scan before about four years ago???? I can't remember exactly and everything was fine-however my life wasn't nearly as stressful as it is now

I'm just so tired of feeling like there's a wall between me and the rest of the world. And I don't want to be ignoring a major problem if there is one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor/aneurysm fears
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 07:53:35 AM »
the headache you described is a tension headache. Its caused by both physical and psychological stress - both of which are generated heavily by anxiety, which also causes dissociation.

So all your symptoms suggest an anxiety problem. It would make more sense after all, for the problems you are having to be the thing that has all the symptoms you describe. You would have to have multiple disorders that mimic those conditions otherwise, and that's just not likely. Especially when you already have the condition that causes those symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
I had an eye exam about 5 months ago would something have shown up then? I didn't dilate my eyes or anything but I had to get new glasses.

I mean logically I want to keep telling myself it's all just anxiety but of course that's extremely difficult.

Also thank you for replying. I appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »
I should mention my ears have been hurting as well.
It's like 5:40 in the morning. I woke up at 4
And I tried the balance test thing and I was wobbly. :(
My right ear feels kinda clogged. :(

Ugh I'm so scared.

I recently upped my medicine and I feel like my tear ducts are all messed up because even when I want to cry it's like my body won't let me. I've cried like three times but it never lasts very long.
Because usually when I'm anxious I cry easily.
And I read that tumors can mess with emotions and stuff?? So ugh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
you said

logically I want to keep telling myself it's all just anxiety but of course that's extremely difficult.   

why is it okay for your life to be so disturbed emotionally and physically if it is JUST anxiety .  I mean you  are miserable feeling the way you do.  It impacts your life.  It sucks joy from your life.   You are not living your life as it was meant to be lived.    why is it only important to address the pain you are feeling if it is a brain tumor or aneurysm?   Somehow if it is "just anxiety" it means nothing?  How much more does anxiety have to affect your life before you stop minimizing what it is actually doing to you?

kvndl2---  I am not  singling you out here.  Many or most members here seem to think anxiety is a JUST.     I read many posts daily and I do find it odd that anxiety wreaks so much havoc and yet it seems peeps treat anxiety like it is nothing more than a nuisance.  A fly to be batted away.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
You're totally right sixpack. No worry. I don't mind the bluntness. Sometimes it's really needed.
I'm definitely taking my anxiety seriously. And addressing it. But since it's been so constant it's harder for me to do so and then my mind shifts to things like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 11:54:48 AM »
bumping this. sorry.
but I've noticed that the right side of my face feels heavier if that makes sense? Like the eyelid feels heavier?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »
you have an anxiety disorder that is doing what anxiety disorders do.

If you adopt proactive behaviors and reduce stress in your life   while dumping the reactive behaviors, over TIME, your anxious thinking will reduce and your physical symptoms will diminish as well.

we all have our reasons to justify why X is scary or why it can't be the product of anxiety/stress  but:

bottom line as long as you react to the odd sensations your body has,  assign something sinister to these sensations, your mind and body have ZERO chance of relaxing.   If your mind and body are not allowed to relax, you will not feel good.

I know you feel your sensations are quite scary to you.  when I was deep in the hole, sensations scared me too.  I,, finally, truly, got tired of being thrown around like anxiety's rag doll.  I changed my thinking habits.  No it wasn't easy, but what good things in life are?  In the end I deserved to feel better.    Do you?
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline kvndl2

Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
Thank you so much for that reply, I showed my mom because I was having a panic attack and crying and I read this and then like I said I showed her and we both teared up because you're so right.
So, so right. I took something to calm me down and I feel a little better. I'm definitely trying to take steps in the right direction of changing my thinking habits.
I know I can do it. Thank you for this.
I actually printed out that reply to be totally honest so I can tape it to my computer when I feel the need to google.
Thanks so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
Thank you so much for that reply, I showed my mom because I was having a panic attack and crying and I read this and then like I said I showed her and we both teared up because you're so right.
So, so right. I took something to calm me down and I feel a little better. I'm definitely trying to take steps in the right direction of changing my thinking habits.
I know I can do it. Thank you for this.
I actually printed out that reply to be totally honest so I can tape it to my computer when I feel the need to google.
Thanks so much.

;D 
Bookmark and Share

Offline dexterr02

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 12:42:19 AM »
i have the same headache. and i also have brain tumour fear. still scared tho
Bookmark and Share

Tags: